cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An impossible quest? Fly Fishing for me, comfort for DW

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
So I arrived up in Idaho to a beautiful RV park called Wagonhammer in North Fork, ID but to find that due to ash runoff from last years fires the trout fishing is almost non-existent at the moment. We will stay for a week to enjoy the park, wildlife, views and the hospitality but then I need to find some fishing!!

So any ideas?

In an ideal world I would like a nice RV park with paved roads, full 50amp hookups, easy access to bank fishing for trout, good WiFi and cell service. Then we are both happy.

I don't mind traveling again, but I'd just like to find a place that meets both of our needs. Lake or reservoir would be ideal if stocked.
8 REPLIES 8

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I think for a start we are going to head for Dillon - there are a couple of nice looking RV parks there and the fishing sounds good - but I wish the parks would answer their emails!! - where we are currently has zero cell service so we rely on email but they don't bother to answer them.

Eurocamper
Explorer
Explorer
You're also just over the pass from the Big Hole river and the Wise river, both great fishing spots.

It's a favorite area of mine. I usually stay at the Anaconda Sportsman's Park - no hookups, but friendly, inexpensive and right on the Big Hole.
2008 Fleetwood Evolution E1
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2007 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Ex 1997 Volkswagen Eurovan Camper

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, EUROCAMPER, forgot about the Beaverhead River at Dillon, MT. along I-15. Also a reasonable RV park or plenty dry camping at Clark Canyon Dam.

Eurocamper
Explorer
Explorer
If you've got a float tube head over to Clarke Canyon reservoir. Some of the best fly fishing in the area.
2008 Fleetwood Evolution E1
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2007 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Ex 1997 Volkswagen Eurovan Camper

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, head on over to the Island Park, ID. area. Henry's Lake and many other streams there. Try Valley View RV Park. Large sites, good rates.

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why don't you head to Island Park and fish the Henry's Fork or Lake. Or head to Silver Creek near Sun Valley.

Sarah315
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a good answer, other than White River in AR. But they don't have FHU, unless Gaston's has camping, I can't remember off the top of my head.

But I'm subscribing to this topic because we are a family of fishermen who like to catch, not just fish, lol. It seems like too often fishing camps are very primitive, lumped in with "hunting camps". Don't fishermen and hunters deserve creature comforts too?!
Just the 4 of us
plus 3 dogs
2011 Dodge Ram 3500
09 Jayco 31.5 FBHS

Flyfisherman128
Explorer
Explorer
I know how you feel. Went to do a little fly fishing this weekend and the water was so warm that I was thinking of throwing in some onions and potatoes and cook the days meal right in the stream.