cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson - Clemson (South Carolina) RV Park

hohiso
Explorer
Explorer
I need help. Looking for a 'nice' RV Park in the Anderson-Clemson area. 'Nice' for me means full hookups for a long term stay in a well kept park in a good location. Old guy so peace and quiet is preferred over the delightful sounds of happy children.
Regards, Allen
2005 Silverado SB, 2500HD Crew Cab, D/A, 42 gal aux tank, Garmin 1490T, XM Sat Radio,
2005 Alpenlite Valhalla, 16K Reese Manual Sliding Hitch,
Tonka the Rat Terrier guards the rig.
Lucky the Chihuahua guards Tonka.
7 REPLIES 7

hcs1947
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure just how close to Anderson area you want to be, but the Payne's Creek COE campground on Lake Hartwell is quite nice and quiet. Lots of good-sized wooded lakefront sites but only W/E. About 25-30 miles from Anderson, maybe less.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you don't go on a Clemson Football game day...as it will NOT be quiet....
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like Crooked Creek in West Union, SC. Is on Lake Keowee, has full hook ups, all pull thrus, very clean, good security. Only negatives is no shade and during the summer months it does fill up with kids. If there during the fall, can get busy on a Clemson home football game weekend.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Not many fulltime private campgrounds in that area. Some great public ones though.

West Union

Pickens

Anderson

I have friends who have stayed (6 months) in a mobile home park, so you might need to expand your search. The bad thing is you are looking at a college town area (Clemson) and housing is dear. My friends who lived in the mobile home park in their RV used to own a house in the area and worked in that area for 15 years. When I asked her about living long term, she laughed and said good luck. Then suggested the mobile home parks. She also said to avoid Clemson when they have a game at Death Valley.

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
hohiso wrote:
I need help. Looking for a 'nice' RV Park in the Anderson-Clemson area. 'Nice' for me means full hookups for a long term stay in a well kept park in a good location. Old guy so peace and quiet is preferred over the delightful sounds of happy children.

try Cross creek in senaca
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

hohiso
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a senior member too. You could safely assume I already searched through the obvious sources. None of the places I found that had full hookups and permitted long stays were desirable. That is why I went to Open Roads. Still hoping for specific suggestions.
Regards, Allen
2005 Silverado SB, 2500HD Crew Cab, D/A, 42 gal aux tank, Garmin 1490T, XM Sat Radio,
2005 Alpenlite Valhalla, 16K Reese Manual Sliding Hitch,
Tonka the Rat Terrier guards the rig.
Lucky the Chihuahua guards Tonka.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have never stayed in the area (nice place) in my RV only for business at a hotel. I would use RV Park Reviews to narrow my search and then post specific questions about those parks that seem to meet your needs.

Good luck
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle