cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any sites available where you are at in lower TX?

gonefishin_
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Waco and want to head further south but not into Mexico. We do like full hookups and this is our first year down south so we are new and know that a lot of places are full or filling up. Don't need a lot of activities and yes we are over 55.
28 REPLIES 28

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to Fun & Sun. There is a craft show & pancake breakfast at the rec hall tomorrow morning and a DJ dance at the dance hall tomorrow night($4)

Enjoy your stay

hermandutchman
Explorer
Explorer
welcome to the park, I am in lot K55, stop and say hi Herman

Falcon35
Explorer
Explorer
We checked out a number of parks in the mid valley and they all have spaces available. They all were offering some sort of special.
2012 Georgetown 378TS 2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBruteโ„ข Elite RV Tow Bar

aauummm
Explorer
Explorer
gonefishin' wrote:
Well we made it. We are getting settled in to Fun N Sun at San Benito. Seen lots of states represented here and everyone has been so nice and helpful. Can't believe how warm it got today. Big difference from the -17 we left behind.

Great! Our first winter in the Valley we stayed at First Colony RV Park which is right across the road northeast of you. We really enjoyed that area and used it as a base to pretty much cover the whole RGV on day trips. I wish even more good weather for your stay!
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C, Kelderman Air Suspension System
Roadmaster HD rear swaybar, Safe-T-Plus, Blue-Ox Tow bar
2011 Honda CRV toad
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toad
two cats and the wife

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
gonefishin' wrote:
...and everyone has been so nice and helpful...

This is the main reason many of us keep coming back. Nicer weather can be found elsewhere, but it's hard to give up on the hospitality which is extended to the Winter Texans. Enjoy your stay.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

gonefishin_
Explorer
Explorer
Well we made it. We are getting settled in to Fun N Sun at San Benito. Seen lots of states represented here and everyone has been so nice and helpful. Can't believe how warm it got today. Big difference from the -17 we left behind.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
We left Casa del Valle on Alamo Rd. in Alamo, Tx. last month. They have sites available and first timer discounts. Very nice gated park with lots of activities. Park models on the perimeter and the rest are rvs. Nicely paved streets, close to an HEB, Walmart, McDonald's, lots of TexMex and five minutes from the CostCo.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to come and give Fun N Sun Resort a look give us a drop by at L140 and we will show you around.

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
We are on s. Padre is. Tx. At the KOA. For three months.
This is our third year. There is space available. But for how long of time. I am not sure.
There are many parks inland. I'm sure you can finsd a space. Need to call ahead.

hermandutchman
Explorer
Explorer
gonefishin' wrote:
We've landed in San Antonio for a couple of nights at the KOA before tracking further south. We weren't able to de-winterized in Waco with the low temps and need to FRESHEN up a bit, calm the driving nerves and see the sights here. You've given us some good suggestions and will look some of these places up. I know the driver would appreciate dropping the 5th wheel some place and look around. Keep the ideas coming. Hope to see some of you in the SUN.
We are at FunNSun and there are several Neb. people here and many open spots. Lots to do in park, Neb group will have a pot luck soon.

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Iowa guy/gal --- you are right of course.

aauummm
Explorer
Explorer
pyoung47 wrote:
We are in "Holiday Village" in Pharr. Appear to be several vacant spots in this park. Saturday, we are moving to Bentsen park Resort. Only a few openings there (4) and none in February. HV is nice clean older park, but too close to the hustle and bustle for us. BPR a little pricy, but next door to state park. Bentsen (something) right on 83 has several vacancies, and cheaper.

From your description of the park that you are moving to on Saturday, it sounds like Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort. If that's the case, that's a great RV park and I'm sure that you will enjoy it immensely. I think that the price is very much worth it. Very quiet and peaceful setting and yet close to all facilities. Having the World Birding Center next door in the State Park is fantastic.

Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort
2010 Itasca Sunova 33C, Kelderman Air Suspension System
Roadmaster HD rear swaybar, Safe-T-Plus, Blue-Ox Tow bar
2011 Honda CRV toad
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toad
two cats and the wife

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
We are in "Holiday Village" in Pharr. Appear to be several vacant spots in this park. Saturday, we are moving to Bentsen park Resort. Only a few openings there (4) and none in February. HV is nice clean older park, but too close to the hustle and bustle for us. BPR a little pricy, but next door to state park. Bentsen (something) right on 83 has several vacancies, and cheaper.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
The cheap spots are up on the blacktop close to the freeway. They are noisy, but cheap. The rest of the park has normal spacing with a little grass between parking spaces.