cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any special way to make a reservation at Desert Trails?

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure what's going on, but I've been trying for a week now to get a reservation for a one month stay in January/February at Desert Trails RV Park outside of Tucson. There is no on-line reservation system that I can find, and no response to emails or messages left on their answering machine over the past week. We're first time snowbirds to the Tucson area, and I'm wondering if there is another, better way to approach this. Or, are my expectations too high? I understand that I'm looking at a reservation for the high season, and am getting concerned that I either will or may have already 'missed the train'. Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations would be much appreciated. My thanks in advance...
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW
20 REPLIES 20

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, all, for the good information and suggestions. As timing would have it, I did get a call from Desert Trails just a little while ago. Perhaps they read this board... or perhaps not. In any case, the friendly person on the line advised that they are booked solid for the months of January and February. So, my search continues. I'm wide open as to location, so something between Tucson and Phoenix are definitely possibilities. Again, my thanks to you all.

... Bill

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
They likely prefer 3 - 5 month reservations. 1 month would be considered short term in a Snowbird Park. Some will not take Winter reservations of less than 3 months. However most parks will likely have openings if you just come down.
pawatt

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
If you do not mind between Phoenix and Tucson try either
Palm Creek in Casa Grande
or
Fiesta Grande in Casa Grande

both will have space and will answer the phone
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Keep trying. Probably closed for the summer.
Might reserve somewhere else to cover yourself. Can always cancel.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I guess that answers my question as to whether my expectations are too high. ?? Was beginning to think that there might be some 'different set of rules' for reserving winter sites in the sunny southwest.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
They have responded to you each time you have left a message on their machine.
THE ANSWER IS; We are not interested enough in your business to even pick up the phone and return your call.
Take their hint go elsewhere!
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind