cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody know a good android app to show BLM lands?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I found one that costs $12, plus some unspecified amount to add BLM capability. But I would rather see what I am getting before I buy.

While looking I found US Topo Maps, which, although it does not show BLM lands like the paper topo maps do, is a very nice app, with great detail and smooth zooming. And free!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
3 REPLIES 3

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
I found one that costs $12, plus some unspecified amount to add BLM capability. But I would rather see what I am getting before I buy.
I suspect you were looking at Back Country Navigator Pro. It's immensely popular with the backpacking crowd and those of other outdoor pursuits. It's a top notch App but they do have to pass thru the costs of whatever map databases you need.

I find it to be of extreme value when out and about in the wilderness - if only to follow my meanderings back to the rig again at the end of the day when out hiking.

And as mentioned they do have overlays for various types of public land.

I think everybody that likes to get out in the wilds should at least take a look at it.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

LenSatic
Explorer
Explorer
US Public Lands. I think that it is $3. It's a public lands overlay and is very accurate except on the smallest parcels. The smallest parcel it will show is 640 acres.

LS
2008 Casita SD 17
2006 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2009 Akita Inu
1956 Wife
1950 LenSatic

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I've purchased a number of campground apps as well as POIs for my GPS. My favorite overall is AllStays Camp & RV which has a filter that can be set for BLM campgrounds, but when I'm looking for non commercial campgrounds I prefer The Ultimate Campground Project. They also sell a POI list that can be added to a GPS.