cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone been to Tallulah Gorge SP in Ga?

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wanting to plan a trip but concerned/curious if it is readily accessible for a large rig (34 ft TT). Website says sites are 50 footers, but I also know some of that area can be pretty steep and tight turns.

Black Rock Mountain SP about 15 miles north, I've hard is a bugger to get into. But, they list max size of 25 ft so that should be the first clue.

Looking for some insight from others who may have been to Tallulah Gorge SP

Thanks

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
11 REPLIES 11

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
Staying at River Falls this weekend, looking forward to it.
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone for the responses. Hoping to be able to make it up there in Oct. Work and new grandson on the way permitting.

Mike

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
1Adam12 wrote:
Another option is River Falls at The Gorge campground. We stayed there in June right on the river with a 38 Ft Toy Hauler. We'll be going back for sure.

That's where we stayed in March, right next to the river! One of the most scenic sites we've ever stayed in.

Dan

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is River Falls at The Gorge campground. We stayed there in June right on the river with a 38 Ft Toy Hauler. We'll be going back for sure.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We were just there this spring. Loved the falls! We stayed outside the park but we did take a look through the campground there were a few sites WE would've fit in and we're in a 38' fifth wheel. You should be just fine. Enjoy

Dan

Argie7
Explorer
Explorer
I've been in both. Black Mtn. has a very steep approach, and sites are rather small. Have a 21 ft. Road trek, so it was no problem for me, but larger rigs could have trouble fitting in.
Talullah Gorge is great it can accommodate you and is a great place: nice trails, excellent visitor center, overall great. Enjoy if you can !
Argie7
RT210 Versatile (SE)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We definitely recommend Tallulah Gorge: stunningly beautiful cascades. We had no problem with the ingress road or sites our truck and TT which totaled 42 feet. If you're able do walk the bridge across the gorge.

Black Mountain is good for tent camping and perhaps Casitas.:B
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Wanting to plan a trip but concerned/curious if it is readily accessible for a large rig (34 ft TT). Website says sites are 50 footers, but I also know some of that area can be pretty steep and tight turns.

Black Rock Mountain SP about 15 miles north, I've hard is a bugger to get into. But, they list max size of 25 ft so that should be the first clue.

Looking for some insight from others who may have been to Tallulah Gorge SP

Thanks

Mike

We stayed there a couple years ago in our 31' Class A. You're right. There are some tight turns, some of the sites are small, and several (like the one we stayed in) are very narrow. And a couple years ago they were having problems with the water. Despite all that, though, we really like the place and plan on going back this fall.

You can read our blog post here: http://skiprd.com/?p=66.

Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there several times. Sites cannot be reserved by number but take what you can find. There are 3 or 4 pull through sites along the back we stayed with a 38' fiver and DRW F350. You shouldn't have much ptoblem with several of the back in sites. The property is operated as a Georgia State Park but reservations were handled by Georgia Power, the property owner.

I take my hat off to those that can navigate the road to Blackrock Mountain. Our DRW truck front wheels were in the left lane while the rear tires were scraping rock.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks... It looks to me like I shouldn't have any issues getting in there.

'preciate the post. Will look through your blog as well.

Mike

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
we didn't stay at the state park when we were there, but we did walk it, and I remember thinking that we could have fit in quite a few sites.
When in doubt, call them but I remember seeing some decent size pull thrus.

Here's the link to my blog posts about the gorge...

Tallulah Gorge

Actually, here's a website that has pictures of all the sites in the state park

campsitephotos.com
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home