cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ark Encounter

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looking at this probably the week of the 4th of July. What else to do? Where to stay? It will be just my wife and I. Thanks, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
11 REPLIES 11

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
ARK Encounter is a theme park in Williamstown Kentucky which opened in 2016.
Its not an abbreviation nor an acronym, its a place.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
cruiserjs wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't understand what this means ?

No sir - I'm with you. I sure do wish folks would use english and not make up their own abbreviations!!

cruiserjs... I see your from Arizona. I feel for you with the abbreviations. Lots of discussion happen on these forums that deal with places and location West of the Mississippi. Some of us East of the Mississippi have no clue what's being discussed sometimes because of the acronyms and abbreviations.

Fortunately, when I saw Ark Encounter in the post title, I knew exactly what that was. Actually, it's drawn quite a bit of notoriety in my part of the woods, as did the Creation Museum when was first built.

I have my difficulty with locations and terms native to other parts of the country too. It's kind of like phone numbers. 777-7777 ... um ... what area code? especially since everything is so mobile these days!

I can't imagine what some of the forum members from Austrilia or Europe think when we get to rambling about some place and never clearly state where it's at. It took me about 2 years (just recently) to finally figure out what OBX was. And I'd been there in my past. OBX = Outer Banks of North Carolina. Who would of thought. For the longest time I thought they were discussion areas in Arizona or Nevada. It took me a long, long time to figure out what "Slab City" was. And even longer to figure out where it was. So you know, we're all victims of partial information.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went this past October and stayed at Whispering Hills in Georgetown, KY. It is about a 35 min drive to the Ark from there and maybe another 25 mins to the Creation Museum. It will take you about one full day to do it all at each location.

Whispering Hills is a very nice cg.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
The Ark is less than a quarter of a mile from the exit. It is easily seen from the road.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Ark Encounter, click here.

We drove I-75 through that area for our Christmas week in South Carolina (Lake Greenwood State Park). I saw the signs for Ark Encounter, but since it was actually Dec 24 when we drove by, figured they'd be closed. I was hoping to see the "Ark" (building) from the interstate, but it must be off the interstate and out of eye-site. Too bad.

That area does have several camping possibilities and attractions in the area. If you access the web site, you'll find some helpful links.

Here's another link that may help you locate a suitable campground: Click here.

From my home, it's about a 4 hour drive. I'm hoping to see it someday myself. Looking at their web site, just the construction of the building must be fascinating, (and built by Amish).

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oops!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
we are going in April We are going to the Ark, Creation Museum And Cinn (?) Zoo
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
garmp1 wrote:
We thoroughly enjoyed Petit Jean State Park and even took in Hot Springs National Park in Little Rock. (It's not us to visit a major city, but it was worth while.) Magazine SP is interesting also. Northwest of there are the lakes and our favorite area is the Table Rock area. War Eagle Mill, Eureka Springs and even into Missouri and Roaring River State Park, Golden MO Museum and Dogwood Canyon, to name a few.
Enjoy!

I don't think the OP is asking about Arkansas, but rather a Noah's Ark attraction in Kentucky.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We thoroughly enjoyed Petit Jean State Park and even took in Hot Springs National Park in Little Rock. (It's not us to visit a major city, but it was worth while.) Magazine SP is interesting also. Northwest of there are the lakes and our favorite area is the Table Rock area. War Eagle Mill, Eureka Springs and even into Missouri and Roaring River State Park, Golden MO Museum and Dogwood Canyon, to name a few.
Enjoy!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
All depends what type of camping you like to do.
We stayed at Big Bone Lick State Park, which was real nice and had a resident herd of bison, as well as a visitor center that interpreted the prehistoric mammoths and mastodons that came to the area for the salt licks. Link to park info here

If you don't mind travelling a bit, you can also visit the Creation Museum.
Also see this thread - Link here

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, wee too plan on visiting the ARK later this year, hubby did a search and found a few things to do in the area. Just visit there web-site and look for things to do etc. there seems to be a fair amount in the area. ...Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W