Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Newby

We pick up our RV on Wednesday,  Grand Design XLS 22MlE.  First camper we have owned in over 30 years.  We use to have a pop up when our children were young that we vacationed with for a number of years.  Time has passed and we are now at retirement ...

Keni by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida Keys

DW & I were thinking of visiting the Florida Keys next year, and knowing that they are a popular destination I started to look into the possibilities in advance, or so I thought.Found out that Florida parks allow bookings 11 months in advance, so eve...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Blythe Island

Anyone camped at Blythe Island campground in Georgia? Are sites spacious and at least semi private? Seems on their reservation system you can't pick a particular campsite nor do they have pictures of individual campsites.

d1h by Nomad II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What do you look for in a campground?

Hi All, I'm planning a trip from the LA area to Salt Lake City. It's been ages since I've done ANYTHING resembling camping and I don't want to screw up too badly. So I wanted to ask: Wha do you look for in a campground/RV park? What are the key ingre...

Dumping tanks

When hooked up to a full hookup site (electric, water, sewer) for a few days, do I turn off the city water before emptying black and/or gray water tanks at the site?

wwstar3 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Island Park/West Yellowstone dispersed camping

Looking for any recommendations for dispersed camping anywhere in the vicinity of Island Park, ID and West Yellowstone. Have a 23 foot Winnebago view and I love to fly fish, so being around water is definitely a plus!*** Also would like to find any r...

Harpers Ferry WV and beyond!

Hello all!  We are traveling to Harpers Ferry next week and would love to hear from you all some of the must do's while there!  We love historical/unique towns, antiquing, sightseeing tours/excursions, unique/different restaurants etc.  We are willin...

First-come first-served campsites: how to keep my spot?

Hi all, we are visiting Grand Teton NP in early June and I had a question about the first-come first-served RV campgrounds within the park. If we manage to get a spot by waiting early in the morning, will we keep our spot even if we want to head out ...

pipsi by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Verizon Cell Service at Grand Canyon Trailer Village?

Hello there! Anyone have recent experience using Verizon at Grand Canyon Trailer Village RV Park? I don't see any recent Verizon reviews on Campendium. I found a TripAdvisor post from several years ago indicating that Verizon had bought the tower the...

Cleveland Ohio Camping

Good day. I am looking for suggestions where we can camp for a few nights in closest proximity to Cleveland, Ohio this summer. I will be traveling with a group of Scouts, and our focus will be to enjoy the activities of downtown Cleveland Science C...

Parking permits in the GSMNP

The NPS is toying with the idea of implementing a parking permit system in the GSMNP. The is a public input period so that people can express their thoughts on the NPS website. They are also thinking about doubling camping fees. The park will remain ...

ken56 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes