Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cabin fever crazies

Well last weekend we took camper to a full hookup park that had a indoor pool. It was cold but no big deal. Now it's supposed to be nice this weekend. I wanna drag camper south until I can wear shorts. My airy is 5 hours away. Anyone have any ideas f...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

NFS campgrounds

Have not tried NFS cgs but think that would be something I would like as I have enjoyed NP and COE sites. My question is do NFS cgs have camp hosts or any on-site rangers or security?

Braces by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to stay in the Las Vegas area?

I have now recovered from heart surgery to the point that I am ready to make a short trip to test things out. We have purchased an older RV and need to make a few short trips to make sure everything is correct for some longer trips this year we have ...

KeninAZ by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

CG near Benson AZ

I am heading west on I10 and will be near the town of Benson Az just for the night. Then on to Casa Grande. I have 5th wheel any suggestions? Thanks

Eyeland by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Red Cliff campground in Montana

Has anyone stayed at this campground? They said they have water spigots but I was wondering if I could fill my TT here with a hose or are these spigots just for filling small containers?

Redwoods & Sequoia

Looking for campground suggestions for seeing the Redwoods and Giant Sequoia's. Class A 40 foot towing a Chevy pickup. Need full hook ups with 50 amp. Will be in area mid Sept., will we need reservations that time of year. Thanks in advance for your ...

turtle58 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to go for wildlife photography?

This year we are headed to Norway for two weeks and the trip planning is done except for flights. Now I'm itchy to start next year's planning. One of our main interests when we travel is wildlife photography. We will be flying, so distance is not ...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Spring break camping in Missouri

Any recommendations for spring break family camping in southern Missouri in mid March? We go to Montauk SP every May, so looking for something different. Thanks!

mjmeyers by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Weather in Yellowstone

Looking at going to Yellowstone the last week of May. I understand that the weather anywhere is a crapshoot. But I was wondering, as a general rule of thumb, what to expect. Would like to hear from some folks who have been there around the Memorial D...

Cup_fan by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Missoula MT to Stanley ID

I will be traveling from Missoula MT to Stanley ID in mid September with the goal of camping in Glacier View NF campground. Since Glacier doesn't take reservations at that time of year, I want to arrive early in the day. Normally, I stay at Walmart...

siguccs by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

CG near El Paso ?

We will be heading west though Texas. Is there a campground, State Park, COE, or private near El Paso that someone could recommend for a overnight stop? Thanks

Eyeland by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

planning a trip to yellowstone, road driving help needed

hey all,we are planning on a trip to yellowstone for however long it takes us to see and have a great time.here's our question, we are buying a class c winnebage view that is 25' long, we don't want to tow a vehicle with us but instead want to drive ...

jgkeeto by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn up the heat, would ya.

I know it's way too soon, but I'm starting to get homesick. As nice as a winter that we've had, for me it's time to be back in a real S&B again. With all those creature comforts, and hobbies it allows. I'm guessing I'm alone on this one.