Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Land Between the Lakes TN / KY

Anyone familiar with this recreation area, please advise me: I'm beginning to plan a trip there. I see the regular RV accommodating CG's listed and also see dispersed / dry camping available, though the details of that are vague. We use a large trav...

Glacier National Park

Ok my DH and I are always changing our minds where we want to vacation. We have 17 days and now are planning a late july vacation. Had planned on Colorado Springs and RMNP. Dh is now looking at possible Glacier National Park. It looks to be about a 2...

Utah National Parks

Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Staircase NM, are all on the list. 3, maybe 4 motorcycle riders, 2 wives that will be staying with the RV's, and we are thinking of Moab as a base camp in September. Maybe also Richfield ...

RideSlow by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick stop near Yuma?

Any suggestions for a boondocks location or available inexpensive overnight near Yuma, AZ?

EV2 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SoCal attractions and HWY1 help...

Howdy All,Got our new Super C and have family coming from overseas in April so we decided to do a week long trip, we bought the California passes for everyone(two of us with our 4yo, my mother, sister, brother in law and their two kids, 4 & 1) starti...

seal13il by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Shoreline RV Park, Eureka California

Doing an Oregon Coast California Redwoods trip this September.Anybody have any comments about the Shoreline RV Park in Eureka for a centre point location to explore the Redwoods both south and north of Eureka.If not Shoreline any other thoughts would...

morley by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Key West

My husband and I are looking at visiting Key West next year in January or February. Is this a good time to visit? Also we probably won't be camping doing a hotel. What are some must do activities in that area? Thanks

Spring break trip?

So my wife and I are at odds on what to do for a week starting April 8th in Class C. Kids 14yo,12yo also coming. Need some help in deciding/planning-Plan A- Drive down to North Carolina side of smokey mountains for a couple of days, then drive across...

Looking for a place to camp N.E Ok. and Eastern Ks.

We will be traveling back to Omaha Ne.from Petit Jean state park in northeast part of Arkansas and are looking for a couple overnight/ two night stays.Prefer to stay east of I-135/Hwy81 in KansasI saw Natural Falls state park in Ok. anyone ever staye...

73guna by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

jeykll island campground

my wife and i won a free week at this campground, any info would be great. we have a 40 ft 5ver, i hear it can be tight. entrance to the island? beach to swim i hear is muddy? please any info.

machunt by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Tahoe

Hello.I'm planning a road trip in April and will be spending a night at Lake Tohoe.Any recommendations as to a nice campground close to the lake?Then from there off to Yosemite.

Public hunting grounds

Hi, We are looking for an RV park in Arizona or Texas that is near public hunting land. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!

schl44 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why hardly any posts?

Here it is our first winter of retirement and it's like this section has died. I was hoping to learn all kinds of things, is everybody gone to a different site/forum? There have been days at a time with zero posts.What gives?And yes I know how to sea...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes