Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

National Parks and the Lack of Adequate # of Camp Sites

National Parks and the Lack of Adequate # of Camp Sites.Sort of says it all - Now I have "No Dog in this fight" or "Horse in this Race"BUT I sure would like to be able to get into YNP on a whim with my Granddaughters! And because they are Girls they ...

Tishomingo State Park in Mississippi

Anyone been there and have anything to say about this park and campground? The reviews are all over the place - from awful to wonderful. We plan on staying 2 nights and the reasons we picked this park are for the hiking trails and the CCC history.

pasusan by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ark Encounter

Looking at this probably the week of the 4th of July. What else to do? Where to stay? It will be just my wife and I. Thanks, John

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Two new natl monuments: how to give planning input?

Pres. Obama has just established Bears Ears NM in Utah (near Blanding) and Gold Butte NM in Nevada (near Lake Mead). Let's assume that the declarations are not rescinded under Pres. Trump, although that is possible. (If that happens, then never min...

Any recommendations campgrounds SD???

hello, will be going on vacation in june to Mt Rushmore SD, first time in that area. Any recommendations for a campground in the area to use as a home base for a few days to see the sites in the area???will have a 23ft TT and would like full hook ups...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Staying Home This Year

We retired in 2010 and had the good fortune to spend most of the last six winters in Sarasota or Venice Florida. This year family issues have kept us home so for the first time we are powering through an entire Michigan winter without working. It's d...

dramsey1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Super Bowl parking?

Hi guys. If the New England Patriots go to the Super Bowl, February 5th. 2017, I would like to stay at a campground OR if anyone has an alternative idea. I have a 30 foot Class C. Any and all ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You. Louie

Happy Trails RV park in Arizona - any feedback?

Seems like you have to rent from a realtor as the sites are privately owned. If you have a problem you can't run to the office. Over a thousand sites too. Huge! But it's close to family so we are trying to check it out more Any one have experie...

susblum by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Big Bend in late Feb

Looking to stay a couple weeks, late Feb into early March, thinking I might like Cottonwood with it's no generators. Can anyone tell me if this campground, or any of the others for that matter normally fills up? I see most of the reservation sites at...

Padlin by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Letchworth State Park

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a loop/campsite we like to be away from others and we have two Goldens retrievers appears that there are loops for non pet owners. Thanks for any input.

VT_Skier by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas, Port Aransas in winter

We are still exploring places for winter trips. We are in Bradenton, FL now and have decided FL is not going to be our favorite.Last winter we traveled thru Texas on the way to Arizona. We liked TX. We spent a few days in SA and Kerrville. We are...

Canceling reservation at Sebastian Inlet SP, Florida

We are going to cancel a 14 night reservation at Sebastian Inlet State Park from Feb 17- March 3. Site has max vehicle length of 40 ft. 30 amp. If somebody here is interested in picking up these days, contact me so we can coordinate my cancellatio...

Penn State Football RV Parking

Has anybody stayed in the overnight RV lot at Penn State football games?I'm hoping to bring the camper to the UPITT vs Penn State game in September.The website says no trucks over 3/4 ton, and no campers over 40'.Well I have a 1 ton, and a 45' camper...