Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Thanksgiving plans anyone ?.Where to?

We will be going to So. Carlsbad State Beach near San Diego Ca. We will be there Wednesday through Sunday. Love to go camping this time of year .Hopefully my turkey would be as good has the one we had last year. Lets put it this way It was finger lic...

leesan by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Yosemite Hwy Closure

If you are heading for Yosemite be aware the Highway 140 is closed due to the Dog Rock Fire. This fire has already claimed the life of one of CalFire S-2T bomber pilots. Dog Rock FireUnfortunately this crash has resulted the the grounding of all 22 o...

reasley by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Myrtle Beach during Christmas

I know it will certainly depend on the weather but for those that frequent MB around Christmas do you find it more often than not good weather to hang out outside, walk or sit on the beach without being wrapped up in heavy jackets. Besides eating at ...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Rancho Sedona RV Park

We are heading east and wanted to stop in Sedona. This RV park came up on the Google search. Seems to have good reviews. We will be coming in from LA late in the day and wanted to spend the night around there. Next morning we hoped to walk over t...

London ON to Port Charlotte FL

This will be our 2nd time wintering in Florida.Last year we took I75 all the way.This year we are considering a different route and are looking for your suggestions.Don't really want to add too much more time/distance but a nice relaxing route would ...

Dougm51 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Delaware for kids?

We are hoping to visit Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York next spring/summer. My son wants to visit every state in the US and since we are going to be in the area, I thought we could visit Delaware as well and check that off of our list...

Camping In Williams AZ in December

We are going to be meeting some friends to take our kids on the Polar Express Train out of Williams AZ in the beginning of December. I made a reservation for Grand Canyon/Williams KOA, but I started thinking we may not be able to stay there with our ...

Desert Willow in Hesperia CA?

We are look for a decent place to spend a few days before & after our Disneyland trip before heading north. Any comments on this place or alternate suggestions? The places I see around Riverside don't look too good, unless I'm missing something? We...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Basin RV spots

We are visiting Great Basin natl park. Any recommends as to where to stay? Have a 28ft fifth wheel and want to see the Lehman caves.

74vette by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone: what's the big deal about it?

I would like to ask those of you who think Yellowstone NP is worth 3, 4, 7 or even more days of a vacation, what do you find so interesting there? Maybe I'm missing it, and you can help me know what I should be seeing there.I've been to Yellowstone ...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 81 replies
  • 0 likes

Perfect End of Year Camping

We just returned from our last trip of the year, and we were blessed with great October weather for Montana. We camped at Big Arm State Park on Flathead Lake in Northwest Montana. We even used our kayaks and Jet Skis. We can't complain after being so...

Our 2014 Vacation - Campgounds

We recently returned from our trip which took us to many states and campgrounds. Here are the ones we stayed at and some comments.1. Renfro Valley KY KOA - nice cg2. Toledo East/Stony Ridge OH KOA - out of the way when traveling on Interstate3. Port...

Mapping where you've camped

I have a question about the maps people display showing where you've camped. For you former tent campers, is the map only places you've RV-camped, or does it include tent camping? Tent camping would add a lot of states for me.

waynefi by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes