cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Big Rig Park in Lake Tahoe Area

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have looked on RV Park reviews to try and find a park in the Lake Tahoe area and none seem to be very good, but some on the reviews are a few years old.

I have a 40 foot class A and want, water, sewer, and a 50 amp service.

Tell me what is a good park based on your experience.

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
15 REPLIES 15

True_Romance
Explorer
Explorer
What are your thoughts for good Tahoe sites during the winter? Have a new class C 32 foot we would like to take out to visit the snow for a few nights. Kids would like sledding or snowshoeing close by the campground. Coming from Rocklin/Roseville area. Thoughts on the TT Snowflower park?

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
We like Tahoe Valley also just far enough off the highway for a little quiet, unless you are backed up to the hospital!
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Our home base is Reno and whenever we go up to the Lake now we stay at Tahoe Valley.

Tried some of the others mentioned.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
One other interesting thing about Tahoe Valley. If you look closely at my picture above, you'll see a split rail fence directly behind the coach. They have a small pen built there that looks like it was designed for those mini horses. I asked about that while we were there and it is indeed a pen, but not for horses. It was designed and built for satellite dishes! They cleared the vegetation above the pen so everyone with adjacent sites could place their sat dishes there without getting them damaged and have a clear line of sight to the sat itself. I thought that was ingenious on their part.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Tahoe Valley is a nice park. BUT beware of low voltage in the park. When we were there out electoral protection unit shut the electric off to our RV because of low voltage. When I went to the office and talked to the manager about it he was very mater of fact and stated that whenever it is hot and the park is full they always have low voltage. He stated that the parks electrical system was old and designed for one AC per site but with the RV's now having up to three AC's the park could not handle it. He did allow us to run our generator till it cooled off and the voltage went back up.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tahoe Valley Mid October.....Dennis

Zephyr Cove is my second choice. Camp Richardson won't cut it, nor will Fallen Leaf. The City owns Campground by the Lake but it's $40/night with no sewers....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
In South lake

Chris Haven

Tahoe Valley (Encore)

Zephyr

Note that all of these do have trees in them but you can fit your big rig in any of them... we have.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the help guys !
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Zephyr Cove RV Park stay recently. We were not able to get our 36' Class A into the site they gave us (and I am a retired CDL driver), we did find one that our rig would fit into and they modified our reservation. There were numerous other big rigs there in other sites, you should have no problem. JH

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Tahoe Valley... If you need rooftop satellite, park at the North end of the Park against the wooden fence.
Be sure to stop at the sandwich shop across the street. One of the best roast beef sandwiches we have ever had.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer

Another Zephyr Cove vote :W But we haven't been there for almost 10 years now. Thanks for reminding me to go back.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Class A forum.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

aztortuga
Explorer
Explorer
Tahoe Valley is the best for our stays over the last 8 years during the summer. It is a large park, has a number of good level sites with full hookups, including 50 amp. Dirt sites, under mostly treed areas with cable tv (sort of fuzzy) Sat TV can be spotty because of the tree coverage. This can be a busy park during the summer but we found it to the best. Zepher Cove is the second in our list. Small park, situated on hilly terrain with many uneven sites. It can be very crowded as it is at the Zepher Cove Marina and all of its associated walking and vehicle traffic. It is close to highway 50 and is noisier. Looking on Google earth will give you some idea of locations and how central to state line activities.

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Zephyr Cove RV park frequently over the years (our motorhome is pictured on their 40' site description from 2002). It is a short walk through the resort to the beach and wooded trails. We also have enjoyed the onsite restaurant over the past 13 years. You will have peeks at the Lake from most campsites.

Try not to get a site near Hwy 50 near the entrance to the park.

Tahoe Valley is a bigger rv park, but not close to the lake. After June, the park gets dry and dusty in our opinion. But, they fill up all 400 sites on major summer holidays.

These are the only two that meet your stated requirements near Lake Tahoe that we could suggest. There is one more on the West side, but it is small and does not accept pets.

The prices at both parks have risen dramatically recently. Location, Location and a short summer season.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC