cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Rig sites Cresent City Ca

scot-to-rv
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to be in Cresent City in July and would like your recommendations on a friendly and good campground in the area. We have two small dogs as well.
8 REPLIES 8

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were there about a month ago. Our choice was Shoreline RV park. It was outstanding. (I posted a thorough review at a number of RV park review sites.). Your choice will depend on what you are after. I wanted clear satellite TV reception with central access to the redwood groves to the north & south while taking advantage of the coastal ambience. My wife wanted to be as close to water as you could get. (Close enough I watched sea lions frolicking in the bay less than 50 yds from our window.) We drove thru many of the previously mentioned parks. Some were closed for the season. Others, would do, but Shoreline was the best. Having said that, be advised that 101 to the south is a steep grade. If you were planning to primarily access the redwoods in that area, Mystic Forest RV in Klamath would be my choice.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
x2 KOA.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back we did Sunset Harbour. Basically downtown. Nothing special but doable for if you are there for fishing or nearby attractions.

If in the area for the redwoods then better stay right in the redwoods.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the Redwoods RV Resort .We were there this summer and we really liked the place. Lots of trees and away from the city, You need to make reservations in advance so you can get a spot.When we were there the campground was full and this was in the month of July

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA in Crescent City has always been great for us.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Camper wrote:
Hiouchi RV Resort east of town on route 199. Large and spacious sites. Make sure to make a reservation as summer is peak season.

I second this. Its aways out from town and the harbor, but worth it, at least to us. The reviews conplaining about ' concrete barriers' should be taken with a grain of salt.
Use rvparkreviews.com and google earth.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
scot-to-rv
We enjoyed staying at The Redwoods RV Resort in May two years ago. What we enjoyed is the way many of the sites were designed where you can set up between the giant redwoods and huge ferns which was very unique to us. We found it to be a very natural beautiful setting. The park has an 8.5 rating on RV Park Reviews. Check out their web site www.redwoodsrv.com ENJOY!
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Hiouchi RV Resort east of town on route 199. Large and spacious sites. Make sure to make a reservation as summer is peak season.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance