cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON-ELECTRIC?

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
All campsites list 50 amp. Does that mean a 50 plus either/or a 30 and 20? I only need a 20 or 30.
Also, the site map for the campground does not list restroom facilities in the CG. Anyone have an idea near which sites in loop B they are?
12 REPLIES 12

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the official web site for Black Canyon:

http://www.nps.gov/blca/index.htm

Note that at South Campground there are two loops; one is non-electric and one has electric.

No generators - even in the no hookup loop
No dump station
No water fill for RVs - water is hauled in; there are spigots
No showers; vault toilets

The toilet is normally close to the handicap site.

We've never encountered a park that has only 50A. On the reservation site in one place it states 30A but on the individual site information they are marked as 50A. Since it's not a park for big rigs normally I would guess it's 30A but you can always call the park directly.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
TOMMY47 wrote:
All campsites list 50 amp. Does that mean a 50 plus either/or a 30 and 20? I only need a 20 or 30.
Also, the site map for the campground does not list restroom facilities in the CG. Anyone have an idea near which sites in loop B they are?

we were there last year.
30A.

But we carry an adapter anyway.

We had a toilet in the motorhome, so I didn't pay too much attention, but I recall vault toilets a decent walk away.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Curecanti is managed by the NPS.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Here is map of Stevens Creek.
Stevens Creek
What campground were you thinking of?
Campgrounds

Those are in Curecanti Rec area, but the OP is asking about the NP.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
TOMMY47 wrote:
South Rim Campground, loop B. Only campground in the National Park.

There are three within the NP itself according to the website. We stayed at the South Rim CG a few years ago. 30 amp in the electric sites. All toilets were vault, not flush, and the sites closest are shown on the campground maps on the NPS Black Canyon web site.

Beautiful park - Enjoy!

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
South Rim Campground, loop B. Only campground in the National Park.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wasn't aware that Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park had any 50A sites ???
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
EV2 wrote:
..carry an adapter,
x2
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The normal definition of CG 50 amp is a four prongs with two 120V/50 amp legs which gives you 240V when measured across the two 120s and 100 amps total.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is map of Stevens Creek.
Stevens Creek
What campground were you thinking of?
Campgrounds

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
The NP campground directory shows 30 amp only.

Link to map.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a while, and we carry an adapter, but usually. If there is 50 there is also 30, but not always, strongly recommend spending a few dollars online or at Walmart to pickup a 50 to 30 adapter to carry. The last time I used mine was at a campground that had a badly deteriorated 30 amp outlet and did not have to move by just using the adapter. Worth carrying with you.