cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broward County Florida Pet Limitation

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling with three dogs and one fully indoor cat in Florida for three weeks that will include Christmas and New Years. We just made a reservation at Broward County Park near Ft. Lauderdale, but their online registration says two pets maximum (not just two dogs maximum). Does anyone know how strict they are with this rule?

Follow up question: Do most RV campgrounds in Florida limit pets to two? If so, we're in trouble!
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us
33 REPLIES 33

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
2 dogs and a cat? I wouldn't think twice about it.

You'll be fine.

Read again: 3 dogs and a cat.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
2 dogs and a cat? I wouldn't think twice about it.

You'll be fine.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
I would look very unfavorably upon anyone who lied or hid pets to get around pet limits. My biggest concerns are not the pets, but rather what other rules and policies that guest may also decide should not apply to them. When in doubt, I will almost always err on the side of caution.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
DunellenGuy wrote:
FYI -
We called and explained our situation. They said fine.
Now they can throw their rule book out. That can't reasonably allow your 4 pets and not mine.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Twomed wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
This is a common argument. There's the side that says "be discreet and stay there anyway" and then there's the side that says "it's their rules, if you don't like it stay elsewhere".

What it comes down to is your own ethics. You have to decide which solution you can live with. There will never be a consensus that will make one choice the "right choice".

Yep...just do whatever you want, make your own rules.

IF you get booted during that time in south FL finding another site will be nearly impossible...just a fact, sites are gold that time of year.

That's not what I said. People have arguments for both sides and there will never be a happy majority consensus on what to do.

Some people will call and ask - other people believe that is just as bad as ignoring the rules.

In the end, you have to go with your own ethical standards. Even if everyone on here said "ignore the rule and stay there", if you can't be comfortable with that choice, then you'll be miserable. So, go with your own ethical standing not someone else's. If you are comfortable with ignoring the rule, then you will have to deal with the repercussions. If you aren't comfortable with ignoring the rules, then find another solution.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
DunellenGuy wrote:
FYI -

Good, now you are not disobeying the rules. That is the way to handle it. I hope you got the person's name you talked to in case there is any confusion.

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
FYI -
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
This is a common argument. There's the side that says "be discreet and stay there anyway" and then there's the side that says "it's their rules, if you don't like it stay elsewhere".

What it comes down to is your own ethics. You have to decide which solution you can live with. There will never be a consensus that will make one choice the "right choice".

Yep...just do whatever you want, make your own rules.

IF you get booted during that time in south FL finding another site will be nearly impossible...just a fact, sites are gold that time of year.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
DunellenGuy wrote:
We will be traveling with three dogs and one fully indoor cat in Florida for three weeks that will include Christmas and New Years. We just made a reservation at Broward County Park near Ft. Lauderdale, but their online registration says two pets maximum (not just two dogs maximum). Does anyone know how strict they are with this rule?

Follow up question: Do most RV campgrounds in Florida limit pets to two? If so, we're in trouble!

I am not sure why you would even ask such a question, let alone make reservations where clearly you will be in violation. I can only guess that you believe the rules do not apply to you, and your little pets are adorable so everyone should be pleased that you brought them even though you have twice the number allowed.

Of course, you can hide your pets, and only let out two at a time. Probably no one will know. But if have little yappers that annoy your neighbors, expect to get evicted without any refund.

X2

Obey the rules or find another CG. If 10 sites disobey the rules and bring 4 pets each...that is 40 pets already!!! Plus the others that have 1 or 2 pets.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
nypatnva wrote:
My Mama told me if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut.
Such an overused quote. My mom, when angry with me, didn't say anything nice!
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I forget the name of the park but it's in the area of Hernando Beach, FL. They had a dog limit of one. We have two. Stayed elsewhere.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
nypatnva wrote:
My Mama told me if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut.

That is whats wrong to many people keeping there mouth shut when they should be speaking up.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I full time. When I left Wisconsin with 4 dogs in tow in my MH I really had no problem. They are small so even the CG's that said 2 dog limit readily allowed me in.

THEN....I crossed the state line into Florida!

Dog restrictions are the norm. I found that when the CG states 2 dog minimum and weight limitation they strictly adhere to it. It is always listed on their website too. Unlike CG's across the country that are 'not' a destination CG for the winter.

I believe it is like this because of the volume and diversity of RV'ers that come directly to Florida to spend the winter months. It's not at all like a CG where people are leaving and new ones coming in daily.

I can fully understand their reasoning for the 2 dog limit and the weight restriction at a winter destination CG.It gives them somewhat control to avoid all the problems that comes with multiple dogs and large breed dogs.

I think it would an out and out zoo if they didn't have the restrictions. And honestly as a dog owner myself "I" wouldn't want to stay there long term. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
The key phrase by Penny'smom is. BE DISCREET !
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad