cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

California and Oregon coast in winter

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping it does not rain too much.... what are the quietest nice parks on that coastal route?
Next Feb, mar and apr.
Thanks all
Will miss seven feathers! On the I5
2006 Itasca sunova 29r
14 REPLIES 14

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
The following state parks on the Oregon coast have full hookups (listed from North to south) - Beverly beach even has cable - Reservation are recommended as we got shut out of a park because it was full on Valentines day

Park Full Hookup
Fort Stevens 170
Cape Lookout 35
Devils Lake 25

Beverly Beach 53
Washburne 50
Honeymoon 45
Umpqua Lighthouse 10

Sunset Bay 30
Bullards Beach 100
Harris Beach 35
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
diazr2 wrote:
You must be a tough son of a gun to want to visit us in Feb March and April.. Good for you..

I mean, it's rainy but I don't think you need to be all that tough to endure winter on the Oregon coast. There's not a single month of the year where the average high drops below 50 degrees and the average low barely dips into the 30s.

No the weather is not cold cold or hot hot, but I have seen it rain day and night for the entire month of March and half of Feb. Not rain rain but soaking drizzle like living in a cloud. Then because our weather is not cold or hot you get mold that forms on anything that is not heated constantly. Tough well maybe tough is the wrong word how about "persistent". Constantly drying things out constantly getting mud and fur leaves out of every nook and cranny of your house, RV, Boat and truck and as far as doing anything outside on days like that you will be looking like you swam a marathon. But nowhere close to the freezing snow you have in Idaho. I would much rather spend winters on the coast than anyplace in Idaho you guys have some nasty nasty cold out that way

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
IdaD wrote:
diazr2 wrote:
You must be a tough son of a gun to want to visit us in Feb March and April.. Good for you..

I mean, it's rainy but I don't think you need to be all that tough to endure winter on the Oregon coast. There's not a single month of the year where the average high drops below 50 degrees and the average low barely dips into the 30s.

Well my experience is many nights we saw 30โ€™s during January and February, once in to March we may see some high 30โ€™s overnight. We can also see days into the 60โ€™s during those months.
The rain on the coast is not constant, once again it may rail in the morning then be dry
In the afternoon and vise versus.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
good point!
thanks
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
diazr2 wrote:

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Address: 1276 NW Cross St, Seal Rock, OR 97376, USA
thanks
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
We love Seal Rocks Cove RV. Beautiful views of the ocean waves crashing on the rocks.
Best views of anywhere weโ€™ve been.
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everyone
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I like the coast during winter - but bring rain gear, extra shoes, and clean up towels. You won't need reservations.
Kevin

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oregon has all of that state owned land on the Coast and is further south. To me it is like living in a cloud. Everything is wet all the time. But I enjoy looking at the ocean, especially winter storm waves. The food is great.

All of my favorite towns on the coast have commercial fishing fleets.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, it's going to rain a lot, during those months.
We love Cape Blanco and Harris Beach.
But the weather will be bad, especially if the El Nino continues next winter.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well we have hosted on the Central Oregon the last three winters. We have seen Rain, Snow, Wind and sunshine. Temps are usually mid 30's to 40's at night and get to the low 40's to mid 50's during the day. We host at one of the few closed parks during January and February mainly due to some flooding during King Tides. We also host at South Beach SP other months, If near Newport the third weekend in February, it is Seafood and wine Festival, both South Beach and Beverly Beach are typically booked full.
There are not that many crazy rainy days on the coast, before we started hosting, we would come down many times during "Winter" and only had stormy weather a couple times.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Most all the parks are open during the winter months. Unless of course a storm closes them down for a few months. You must be a tough son of a gun to want to visit us in Feb March and April.. Good for you.. There will be no shortage of campground space. Make sure to hit Bullards Beach and Harris Beach state parks they are very nice and quite. Of course Harris Beach had to close down last December because of a big storm but they were open again by June. Make sure you bring your rain gear with you. You need not bring umbrellas, very rarely does the rain come strait down.Its always side ways. Good Gortex jacket and pants would be a great help. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun with your visit and if you like inclement weather your going to love it here.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many nice parks but are they open that time of year? They should be quiet except for the wind and rain.