cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp ground in Vista Ca.

mmbyers
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question about a camp ground in Vista Ca. and this maybe in the wrong section so I am sorry if it is.

Can anybody comment about the Olive ave campgrounds in Vista Ca.?

Just looking for a little help that's all.

Thank you:B
6 REPLIES 6

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
My two favs are Paradise by the sea at the beach,which is very spendy in the summer, and Guajome County Park on the east side of Oceanside which can be hard to get into. We have stayed at Olive Park and it was very nice and quiet. Yes,some of the sites need pretty good leveling. I got the idea a couple of years ago that they were going to be phasing out the trailer park and adding more rv sites. It's really a good location in the middle of everything. The two local state parks are very hard to get into and are very expensive. If you are an Elk,there is an Elks club in Oceanside with hook ups also.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

aerbus32
Explorer
Explorer
I'd love to comment on the park. I drove the dinghy thru it recently for future reference. Every site appears to be provided with leveling blocks. I've never seen that before. The leveling problem appeared primarily to be front to back. Seeing DP's with both front wheels 6" off the ground concerned me. Might not be an issue for a towable. Other than that, the park looked nice enough.

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from class A forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

anitajeff
Explorer
Explorer
Paradise by the Sea is nice, we have stayed there. Easy walk to the beach

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with any campgrounds in Vista. One review on Google called Olive Park a trailer park.

You don't say when nor how long. But, I would suggest staying in Oceanside if you like to be near the beach and Paradise By The Sea is my choice. Oceanside is a short drive to Vista.

Or, you can go inland and stay in Escondido. There are a couple of nice RV parks in Escondido.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Look HERE
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE