cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campfires at Gulf State Park?

shayerk
Explorer
Explorer
Are there campfire rings at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama? If not, do they allow people to bring in above ground fire pits?
Craig and Karen Shayer
32' Winnebago Adventurer
4 REPLIES 4

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
linnemj wrote:
No campfire rings at individual sites. You must bring an off ground fire pit if you want to have a campfire.

Correct. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
WE carry the portable firepits with us all the time. Comes in handy alot. I stack mine upsidedown when in travel mode and the bowl area usually has a couple of emergency logs to use if we get in late and haven't found the firewood stack yet.

Also alot of times the campground firepit is setup too far away from the awning where we usually sit so having the portable firepit comes in handy for that. have never had anyone tell I couldn't use mine except maybe when the camp ground was under a no open fire alert..

My portable firepit looks like this from LOWES

Cloudland Canyon Trenton GA
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a photo I found of the campground.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g30582-d143881-i61647754-Gulf_State_Park-Gulf_Shores_Alabama.html

I'm guessing from the photo that fire pits are not provided, but you can have one as long as it's at least 18 inches above the ground.

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
No campfire rings at individual sites. You must bring an off ground fire pit if you want to have a campfire.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!