Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

campground around oceanside and carlsbad

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Question for you all.
We are headed south to California first week of July from Calgary Alberta. Did the same trip 6 years ago and loved it. Mom, dad, and 2 boys aged 13 and 15. We have a 40 foot toyhauler and will take bikes and paddlebord but no motorized toys.

I am booked in Anahiem RV park for proximity to Disney and we liked it there. Now I am not sure of either Guajome County park around Vista or champagne Lakes resort. We liked Guajome last time for proximity to beach around Oceanside but we had an ant issue there. Price was really good after what I am paying in Anahiem.
Anyone like Champagne resort?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for this info guys

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
walker111 wrote:
I have 5 night booked at Anahiem RV and 4 booked at Guajome. Need 3 night stay closer to LA for our day at Universal. Tried Dockweiler but there is a 90 day limit prior to booking date so have time to figure the last campsite out.
Thanks all.

If it's something your interested in Vista has a Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum not too far from Guajome.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I liked Valencia Travel Village in Castaic. A little North of the San Fernando Valley, but close enough for a day trip to Universal, and also really close to Magic Mountain if you decide to do that. Plus, if it's at the end of your trip, you're already North of traffic on your way back home.

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
You should consider staying in Anaheim and to visit Universal Studios catch the Metrolink Orange County Line train to Union Station, and then transfer to the Red Line subway which has a dedicated stop at Universal Studios/Studio City.

You would avoid LA traffic.

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
I have 5 night booked at Anahiem RV and 4 booked at Guajome. Need 3 night stay closer to LA for our day at Universal. Tried Dockweiler but there is a 90 day limit prior to booking date so have time to figure the last campsite out.
Thanks all.

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for replies. i found the drive from guajome to the ocean was only around 20 minutes. Not to bad.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
God I live in Vista, right next to Oceanside and grew up here but I am at a complete loss about RV parks locally!

I know the beaches are booked months if not years in advance and champagne lakes is ok and there is also another on the same road maybe 1/2 mile away.

There is a RV park on Melrose Drive in Vista where it crosses Olive Ave and it's been totally redone within the last few years but they do have the 10 year old and new rule so be aware of that.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at paradise by the sea:

https://www.paradisebythesearvresort.com

1/4 mile walk to a great beach, clean restrooms, pool, etc.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Both of those parks are quite a drive to the ocean. To be closer to the ocean you may want to head further south and try Chula Vista RV Resort it was going to close but has stayed open until a new resort is built nearby in a few years. It is at the south end of the San Diego bay where you would be able to paddleboard and lots of bike trails. If you drive around the bay you can easily reach the ocean

Plus it's close to Sea World
+1

Oh, and Sea World has the Electric Eel, which will scare the beejeebers out of your kids. Better than any ride at D-Land.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Both of those parks are quite a drive to the ocean. To be closer to the ocean you may want to head further south and try Chula Vista RV Resort it was going to close but has stayed open until a new resort is built nearby in a few years. It is at the south end of the San Diego bay where you would be able to paddleboard and lots of bike trails. If you drive around the bay you can easily reach the ocean

Plus it's close to Sea World