Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground close to nyc

Weeluvdis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I am new to this sight and new first time travel trailer owner. I am looking for a campground close to NYC. After researching I have only come up with 2. Of course I would like full hook ups but water and electric would do. Don't need any frills as trip is entirely to tour NYC. I found a place in NJ that basically sounds like a gravel parking lot for 80.00 a night. I also found a place in Pennsylvania, about an hour from NYC with full hookups for 60.00 a night. Sounds nice but didn't really want to drive an hour into NYC. The NJ one would be ok I guess but is pricey for a parking lot but puts you right across the river. Any ideas or thoughts on these two places or any other? NJ one is called Liberty Harbor RV park and the PA one is called Black Bear Campground.
18 REPLIES 18

steveh2112
Explorer
Explorer
Poppy & Nana wrote:
Google Black Bear Campground - they are located in Florida NY and have bus service into the city.

there website doesn't seem to work, are they still open?

jtbr3
Explorer
Explorer
Liberty is only choice. 15m to city. Anything else is over hour plus ride.
08 Four Winds Chateau Kodiak 34H

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Google Black Bear Campground - they are located in Florida NY and have bus service into the city.
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed here a few years back. Across Hudson from Ground Zero. Close to ferry to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island ferry. Not much for amnenities.
Liberty Harbor RV Park

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker