cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping in Glacier NP area

JC435
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to be in the Glacier NP area in late August. Can anyone give us suggestions on good campgrounds in the area with hookups? We aren't looking for a spot inside the park necessarily, but want something convenient to it. Thanks for any help.
25 REPLIES 25

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
Two Hands wrote:

X3. Loved KOA West! I'd post pictures if I didn't have to mess with resizing.

Check out this web site that automatically resize and all you need to do is copy the URL to the posting RV.Net Photo Posting

Wow! It worked! So glad to have this! Thanks.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Two Hands wrote:

X3. Loved KOA West! I'd post pictures if I didn't have to mess with resizing.

Check out this web site that automatically resize and all you need to do is copy the URL to the posting RV.Net Photo Posting
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Two Hands wrote:
We stayed at the West Glacier KOA a few years ago. Very, very nice.

+1 on that. I normally don't like KOA campgrounds, but this one is an exception.

X3. Loved KOA West! I'd post pictures if I didn't have to mess with resizing. It loved it. I don't normally stay at KOAs either. We also stayed at St. Mary's KOA. Completely different atmosphere, but still a good place to stay. I enjoyed the St. Mary's area of Glacier more than I did the west side.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I will also be there in last August. Staying several days at West Glacier KOA and several days at East Glacier KOA.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for St Mary's KOA. They also have a dog walking service so if your are traveling with a dog you can take the all day Red Jammer Tour.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Read RVPark Reviews before making a decision between the KOA and Johnsons. We looked at it once for future reference while staying at the KOA and decided we would not be staying there. JMHO
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Lancslad
Explorer
Explorer
Johnsons RV park just outside the park entrance in St Mary. The Red bus will pick you up. It's about a 3 hour drive across the border to Waterton.
2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
How important are reservations at these parks? If I call the day ahead would I be OK mid-week? Weekends?
Or just roll up... plenty of space?

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
X2, on Columbia Falls RV Park.

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
We stayed at the West Glacier KOA a few years ago. Very, very nice.

We just returned from here and was extremely happy with our choice! This is a beautiful place that is meticulously maintained! Surrounded by mountains and only a few miles away from the park entrance. We will definitely return here again some day!!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lauren wrote:
If you are going to the west side and considering the KOA - it is a wonderful park but you really pay for it. I am pro KOA by the way. Many options on the West Sde - just depends what you are looking for. The last three times we stayed at North American on the West Side and were very pleased.

X2 on North American. We stayed there last year and the park and people were great!

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much. I enjoy doing the photography and sharing it.

Well, and selling it too! ๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Lauren wrote:
Hi, AZ Kinda Neighbor ...........

Glacier is one of, if not THE, favorites of our National Parks. But we have not been there since the fire a couple years ago.

OK, what is your purpose in going there? The reason I ask is that the east side is more your hiking and laid back side; the west side is your commercial side. We love the east side. In the past we have done some serious hiking there.

In any case you will want to do the Going To The Sun Road. Probably the main reason one goes there.

Some say take one of the various tour companies to do the driving; others drive it themselves. Depends on your mountain driving comfort level. We live to drive for one main reason - it is on OUR time, not theirs. We stop where we want and stay as short or long as we want.

Here is a link of some pix http://laurenbarbara.com/Glacier%20Natonal%20Park%20new.html

Feel free to email or PM me if I can help further.

Be safe.

Your photos always get me ready to head somewhere else! They are awesome pictures. Thanks.

Doug

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle