cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in Moab

yaya
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions on a campground? We will be dry camping for 5 days, then looking for a campground with full hook ups. There are so many out there, I thought someone would have the old "I have been there and love it" campground.
Thanks in advance
19 REPLIES 19

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
purplekeenah wrote:
PhillipB, every morning there were people going out in there little groups in all types of ATVs. Not sure what the road use restrictions are in Utah, since these activities feed the local economy, there may ignore it.

Archview has sites in the perimeter of the campground that all have trails right out to the wide open. And they have a gas station on site. We stayed there 2 years ago, nice place nothing fancy, has a pool etc but the location is very good for atv's jeeps etc
Proud father of a US Marine

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at OK RV Park south of Moab several years ago. We were in a 40' fifth wheel at the time. It was a clean friendly park that we'd stay at again.

OK RV Park
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
PhilipB wrote:
Do any of the private campgrounds have direct access to public lands for ATV/dirt bike riding? We'd like to park toyhauler and ride from campground.

Yes you can stay at Spanish Trail and have some nice opportunities within a mile or two from the CG.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
PhillipB, every morning there were people going out in there little groups in all types of ATVs. Not sure what the road use restrictions are in Utah, since these activities feed the local economy, there may ignore it.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
PhilipB wrote:
Do any of the private campgrounds have direct access to public lands for ATV/dirt bike riding? We'd like to park toyhauler and ride from campground.

I know people were riding from Archview, but I don't know the details.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

DenverDan
Explorer
Explorer
Dead Horse Point has electric but not water hookups. It is about 40 minutes from Moab, but a beautiful place, day and night. Spots appear to still be available.
'06 F350 6.0 Powerstroke SWA
'12 K-Z Inferno 3410
'11 Grizzly 550 EPS
'11 Grizzly 700 EPS
'06 Fleetwood Cobalt
'07 4Runner Lifted

'57 Obsessive DH
'61 Sweetie DW

Preparing for retirement and a transient lifestyle

A bad day camping is better than a good day at work

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Canyonlands RV resort last Oct. Convenient walk to restaurants, moab brewery, people were friendly and no complaints. Looked at Portal but the pool was for resort only, not campground so if you didnโ€™t have a class A or Class C 5 yrs or newer you just have to stand at the fence and watch people enjoy the hot tub.

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Dry camp at Horsethief BLM. They remodeled it about 8 years ago.

Reviews
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
portal is nicest, ok is alright and is a passport america park

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Arch view, in the morning the sun comes through the arches in the distance.

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
We like the Portal RV Resort/Campground.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
yaya wrote:
We will be dry camping for 5 days, then looking for a campground with full hook ups.

Not entirely.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
MWJones wrote:
Make reservation now for the Arches Nat Park NOW. It is Great dry camping. See web site.

The original poster asked for full hookup campgrounds.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page