Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadians: 65+ are getting vaccines now

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning All:

With us 65+ now being vaccinated in Quebec, I find the Federal rules for land border return extremely, um, confusing in Canada. Have any Canadian returned from Florida and other southern snowbirding States, and if so, what were your experiences driving back, and what quarantine procedures were you instructed to follow upon arrival at land border crossings??

I realize that some Canadians snowbirding in Florida had gotten at least 1 vaccine shot. If any vaccinated Canadians returning by road to Canada, what were your quarantine instructions at the CBSA ?

I'm hearing that returning AIR travelers are of course required to register with a Federally-approved quarantine hotel, and obtain PCR 72 hours before arrival; however, the rules for returning-by-road Canadians are as clear as mud.

Moisheh (an over-the-land hauler): I assume that you had gotten your 1st jab long ago? Just about everyone in Quebec 70+ has had their vaccine by now.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
30 REPLIES 30

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I agree.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Silver. My wife and I received a Moderna shot 3 days ago. I had side effects but worth the discomfort. Unfortunately we received no paperwork. Manitoba is thinking about some sort of card but that could take years. Governments are so useless.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
I am so pleased our President decided to share, happy. WE are in this together, neighbor.

That's true Biden has shots for Mexico also plus the US has teamed up with others to provide billions for the poor of the world. It is wonderful to have a president in the US again.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

charlestonsouthern wrote:
BobsYourUncle -- Is that $400 US? Or did you convert to Canadian (for the purpose of this forum)?
How many Canadians in his party took the Covid test?

Where did your brother take the test; most would go to the labs of a local public county Health Department and Clinic, not a private medical business or hospital like Doctors Care.

As stated, $400 US. That would be 5 something Cdn.
I don't know where he had it done, aside from some place in Eugene. I would assume he looked up and found the nearest facility that offered the test. I should ask him.
Is there a difference in where you get tested?

One in his party, he is traveling alone aside from his dog.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle -- Is that $400 US? Or did you convert to Canadian (for the purpose of this forum)?
How many Canadians in his party took the Covid test?

Where did your brother take the test; most would go to the labs of a local public county Health Department and Clinic, not a private medical business or hospital like Doctors Care.

My brother stopped in Eugene, Or this morning to get his covid test before hitting the Canadian border tomorrow.

They nailed him $400. US for the freakin test!.....

Wow, just wow!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Silversand & Bob

I believe only flying home Canadians are being penalized and detained.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I am so pleased our President decided to share, happy. WE are in this together, neighbor.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
Not so good in BC. I am in the 75 plus group and am not eligible for another week. Hopefully the pace will pick up as we seem to be getting more supply now, including the generous loan of one and a half million from the USA
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks agesilaus and BB_TX. Interesting.

Cheers guys,
S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks BobsYourUncle!

Awaiting your super interesting report conclusion. This is exactly the scenario I am interested in experiences on.

Cheers!
Silver

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hearing of some J&J production issues, BB.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The one shot J&J is becoming more widely available now. We got ours last week.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear shots are going in senior Canadians! California has had 65 and plus seniors eligible since January. The AstraZeneca shots we are loaning you and Mexico should help too.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
They started 60+ in Florida two or three weeks ago. I have both my shots.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper