cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cancellation of reservation, Indiana

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, Indiana folks, I have a question about possibly cancelling a site for this Memorial Day weekend, 3 nights, that I have at McCormick's Creek SP. The cancellation fee is $10 per reservation. This is from their page:

Cancellation - Changes or cancellations made up to the close of the business day prior to your scheduled arrival date will result in a $10 cancellation fee per reservation. Call 1-866-622-6746. For cancellations made on or after your scheduled arrival date you will forfeit the first nights camping fee and may be subject to additional fees per reservation, and you must contact the Park Office.

Does that fee equal "per night"? Reserve America says I will have a $29 fee. It seems they're treating each night as a "reservation". I haven't run into that in other states. It's always $10 fee whether you had booked 2 nights or 5.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos
7 REPLIES 7

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I assume all states are different. On the Reserve America site, under "help", you have to choose the state or agency when asking a question or reading policies. I have cancelled IL sites before and only paid the $10 fee.

The help section says you can change the dates, but it doesn't tell how. When I go to my online reservation and click "change", I'm given options but not date options so I'm trying to figure that part out. Maybe if I hang with it, the dates will pop up on the next page.... Not sure how that works yet.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
I had to cancel a Reserve America booking at a Maryland SP last year and they charged me the advertised $10 cancellation fee for the state PLUS a $24 Reserve America "service fee" (or non-service fee, as the case may be).
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

carpetguy2
Explorer
Explorer
Not a state park but we were going to cancel a reservation due to major heat (110) a 5 days before and they told us you forfeit the whole reservation.because it was not a full week Which was total BS.
2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2016 Open range 3x378
Some other toys too

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I called. She couldn't explain why, but assumed it was the rules of Reserve America, although the park page doesn't say that. I haven't tried to move it to a different date. May or may not try that, depending on what happens with our schedule.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I dun-know? I've never canceled a state park reservation in Indiana?

calwb
Explorer
Explorer
That is for reservation not for each night.I just had to change mine to a later date next month.They only charge five dollars to change date if you reschedule.That is the way it has always been for us.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call 1-866-622-6746 and ask
Traveling with my best friend my wife!