cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cancelling Seasonal

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
We are at a very large campground in Ontario Canada. The campground has daily, bi-monthly, tri-monthly, which all include hydro, and seasonal rates where you pay hydro additionally. We got the seasonal rate and are paying monthly with a last month's deposit at check-in.

Problem: We have been here two months and have had a sudden family emergency which requires us to leave immediately and travel to her town to a campground closer so that I can look afterher,unfortunately,sadly, for an unknown time.

I know we owe for the full season which would be so very difficult for us as we are on govt pension only (why we chose monthly payments).

Would it be fair to offer to pay based on the bi-monthly rate minus what we have paid so far, and of course pay our current electric bill when it is processed?

We would just like to hear if anyone has ever had anything similar happen and\or any opinions.

Thank you.
3 of us...Jim, Susan &
Linksy (Maine Coon with a drop of Persian)
13 REPLIES 13

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good deal. Hope all is well with the family. Safe travels.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
We spoke to the owner. He was very nice about the whole situation. We arranged to pay an extra month (seasonal rate) and to cover our electrical up to date. We left on good terms. Our future plan is to return to the campground next year. Thanks to all for your input. Made us feel we were not alone with our `troubles`.:)
3 of us...Jim, Susan &

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
We seasonal and have known the owners agree to try and find someone to assume the balance of the season....but you are probably leagally bound to pay the whole contract

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a way to offer the site to someone else, and if they take it, you are not obligated to pay remainder? I'm sure if you leave, the CG is going to try and fill the vacancy, potential making double the money.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Do ask but be prepared if they reject your request. Long term committments have pros and cons that we sometimes do not recognize.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Judgerr wrote:
It's never wrong to ask! Other peoples input and ideas can, and usually are very helpful. That's the benefit of the forum in the first place.
Good luck in your dealings!

Thank you for that ๐Ÿ™‚
3 of us...Jim, Susan &

Judgerr
Explorer
Explorer
It's never wrong to ask! Other peoples input and ideas can, and usually are very helpful. That's the benefit of the forum in the first place.
Good luck in your dealings!
2008 F-350 6.8 DRW Lariat 4x2 Aug 2014. Scan Gauge II, Bilsteins,
Full Timing & Loving it!
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 321RLTS
I'm not a judge, it's just a nickname from USMC days!
"SEMPER FI" Vietnam 1968!

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Skrams:To have to ask this is very upsetting as we have always paid our own way
Toedtoes:Very good idea to leave a good review if arrangements can be worked out. Would never leave a negative review as that helps no one.
Lantley: We understand they have financial obligations and that is why we feel so bad to have to do this.
Executive:Your idea is a good one. Will definately wait until we see if they will make an arrangement before putting my idea out there. Thank you for your kind words.
Old-Biscuit: Have to speak to owner...will be back on June 29. The hydro bill will also be in then, so we will have all the numbers.
Asking here is not the answer for sure, but the advice I have received so far has helped, both for the info and for both of our stress levels.
3 of us...Jim, Susan &

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
What did CG staff have to say?

Asking here isn't going to help one way or other.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, you made a commitment to them for a specified period of time to get a discounted rate. Based on the time you were there, you could offer to "convert" your contract to the weekly, monthly or whatever rate. That way you're not cheating the park and all would be good...that said, I'd use that as my second choice...my first choice would be to simply explain the circumstances and hope they understand and let you out of your obligation...

Good luck...and I pray for a speedy recovery for your loved one....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I'm not sure how the CG will handle this. Keep in mind the CG owners have obligations and payments as well. There commitment to others are funded by your commitment to them.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
skrams wrote:
Wouldn't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no.

x2. But if they do say no, don't get mad at them and/or give them a negative review - you did agree to the contract. If they do say yes, be sure to show your appreciation for their consideration to your circumstances.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX