cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cdn. Snowbird Health Insurance good experience

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Before we left for Florida from Ontario Canada we enrolled in Assured Assistance Inc. out of country medical care insurance through the Royal Bank of Canada.

Well sure enough I got sick, called Assure and was greeted by a most courteous and professional agent. Told them the problem, they approved the coverage, arranged the local Urgent Care unit and all was good.

I went to the Sarasota Urgent Care unit about 5 minutes from us, they were already expecting me, and already had the forms from Assured.
I did not even get the questionnaire completed when a nurse called me in for vitals and 5 minutes later the doctor came in and did the examination, wrote a prescription and I was done. All no charge.

The next afternoon Assured called to see how I was feeling and did I receive adequate medical care and said if I needed a follow up with the doctor just go and do it.

Overall a very good experience.
16 REPLIES 16

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Glad to read a good news story for a change. We've been very fortunate so far not to require use of our travel insurance.

quartzster
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had a great experience...but it sounds minor.

Try having something very serious happen, that tells the tale.

The biggest thing is making sure one is absolutely accurate when filling out the application for the insurance...one tiny mistake and you could be out of luck. Folks are very often not covered for what they think they are.