cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Central Wisconsin Camping - Where do you go?

JaycoRickJoan
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in the Wisconsin Rapids in August and am looking for a nice campground with full hook ups. We have a 32 ft. Camper. Any recommendations?
Rick & Joan
Rogers, Arkansas
2005 Jayco Eagle 322FKS TT
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
:C
2 First Gen Camaros
8 REPLIES 8

JaycoRickJoan
Explorer
Explorer
Campinmike, we have stayed at South wood County Park. Yes, it's OK, but not full hook ups. Only electric. It's OK for a day or two, but not a week.
Rick & Joan
Rogers, Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2 First Gen Camaros

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Chapparal Campground in Wonewoc WI. It's pretty nice BUT it's not that close to Wisconsin Rapids, sorry :(. We like it because it's a nice and quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the Dells.

There's a nice restaurant right out on the highway that's good to eat at if you're not in the mood to cook. Check them out. PM me if you want particulars and or my own pictures.

We've been going to it for 3 or 4 years now, always in the fall though. We use Chapparal as a home base for our daily bike trips to view the colors in late September early October.

Dan

CampinMike
Explorer
Explorer
There is a nice park just outside of town. On lake Wazeecha. As I remember there is a hiking path around the lake, Frisbee golf and a swimming beach on either side. South Wood County Park is the name.

JaycoRickJoan
Explorer
Explorer
Thx stetwood. I have access to the many web sites that a person can search for RV parks. What I am looking for its feedback from people who have stayed at these places. For example, one site offers reviews and the most recent was from 2009.
Rick & Joan
Rogers, Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2 First Gen Camaros

JaycoRickJoan
Explorer
Explorer
Baraboo is 50 miles south of Wis. Rapids.
Rick & Joan
Rogers, Arkansas
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2 First Gen Camaros

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Baraboo area, but I like Devil's Lake State Park.

Miles
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Baraboo, WI (Fox Hill RV Park)