cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charge for each pet ??? your thoughts

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you were told that the RV park you normally stay at was going to add a new charge of $5.00 per dog per day to their already high costs what would your response be ?
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
38 REPLIES 38

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
shelbyfv wrote:
I'd pay extra for a campground that didn't allow dogs.

X2

X3

One of the things I love the most is when my kids need help washing your dog c**p off their shoes or bike tires. I especially love when you lock your dog in your camper all day while you go on your outings. Itโ€™s nice to have the constant barking ringing in my ears everything time a someone shuts their doors nearby. And I so enjoy when you have your dog tethered to a long leash and heโ€™s able to wonder around my site, the roadway, bark at us when we pass by, etc.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't like it. I believe one of the reason you are camping is to bring your dogs and kids. I agree that everyone should clean up after their pet, I hate doing it but don't want others to see my dogs mess. But, if the overall rate is Ok then I would stay, or I would find a different park.

I did recently stay at a hotel that had an $80 per night charge for dogs and a size limit. So, hopefully RV parks don't decide to do that.

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP & some others. I'd rather see a " PER BARK FEE ". There's too many 'YAPPERS', in campgrounds anymore. Smaller the dog the worst.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™d find another place.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a pet owner who picks up after our pet, I am offended when I find someone else's pet leavings. In one campground we were at ( small ) everyone knew who wasn't picking up. Someone gathered that dogs droppings and left it on the RV top step so you know who got to step in it and not us - they left. We also were seasonal in a county park last summer - the seasonals all picked up, it was the weekenders and vacationers that did not. Yes - they trashed the bathrooms every weekend too. That being said - NO - we would not stay. Our small dog is inside our rv 95% of the time and we pick up, so no we wouldn't stay, we'd keep on down the road.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:

X2

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I focus on income and the expenses take care of themselves.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
winniman wrote:
Too many people don't pick up after their pets. If the owner has to pay someone to constantly go around and clean up dog do, you couldn't blame them for charging extra. They could just raise the rates, but that wouldn't be fair to others who don't own pets. According to EVERYONE, they always pick up after their pets. The evidence seems to say otherwise.
This ^^^^. And, the liability insurance coverage costs for the RV park.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I would avoid a place like that if at all possible. We clean up after our dog.We bring spring water for her to drink so the dog doesn't use anything unless they have a dog park. Now I would pay extra for that.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
NO matter how you slice it dogs create more work for the CG. WE all read the post of poo on the ground,dogs barking,leash issues etc.
At some point the CG has to deal with these headaches.
Consider the fee as payment to the CG for the bad owners that create bad scenarios.
Who are the bad owners? We really don't know but we see and feel the effects of the bad owners almost every trip.
For those that really despise the fee you can protest by boycotting the CG or leaving you dog at home. Works for everyone.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
winniman wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
I would like to hear from a park owner that has looked into insurance policy pricing for the campground that allows pets versus not allowing pets. If the charge is used to cover an increase in insurance cost because dogs are allowed, they are charging the correct patrons.

I don't like the idea floated by earlier posters relating the charge to park employees cleaning up after the dogs. This implies that if I pay my $5 I don't have to clean up the mess. I paid for someone else to do it.

They are not going to tell you that the fee is to clean up after your pet, but the reality is, someone has to do it. They cant just leave doggie do everywhere. Quite often it is in vacant sites. Do you want to pull in to find a nice pile in your campsite.

Been to 100's of campgrounds. Never seen an employee pick up after the idiots who don't clean up after their pets.

We were volunteer camp hosts at a FL state park for a number of years and I can tell you we picked up LOTS of doggie-doo!
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
schlep1967 wrote:
I would like to hear from a park owner that has looked into insurance policy pricing for the campground that allows pets versus not allowing pets. If the charge is used to cover an increase in insurance cost because dogs are allowed, they are charging the correct patrons.

I don't like the idea floated by earlier posters relating the charge to park employees cleaning up after the dogs. This implies that if I pay my $5 I don't have to clean up the mess. I paid for someone else to do it.
I can understand how some might feel that way but don't agree with it.

Whether at home or on the road I clean up after the Collies. I do not want to step in it, I don't want the Collies to step in it, I don't want flies swarming the campsite, I don't want the smells. I to have checked in to find a unwanted (gift) in the campsite that I've had to clean up. Same with parents that think the fire pit is a place to dispose of baby diapers along with the bushes. I've had to clean up those as well. The worst was a large family from India. Where ever they got done with a plate of food or pop they just dropped it, trash everywhere. The owner of the campground made them pick up all their trash.

I wish campground employees would drive to the campsite with the client before and after the stay to verify it was clean and in order. It's not just dog owners that are slobs.