cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clabough's? Pigeon Forge TN

njtowerdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to go to Pigeon Forge TN this summer. Anyone have any experience at Clabough's or Camp Rivers Landing? We are leaning towards these two... We have a 36' travel trailer and 3 kids. Ages 11, 9 and 5. Would love help with deciding!
14 REPLIES 14

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Claboughs is nice See it Not sure about the other.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have done Claboughs a few times. Very close sites. Do yourself a favor and go to Pine Mountain. Cost a little more but worth it.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Clayboughs and probably would not again. Much nicer campgrounds in the area. To me, the sites are small and the CG is not the cleanest. A 36' TT, as we have, also would limit your choices on spots.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed at Claboughs a couple of times over the years. It is adequate. We like our satellite and the sites we have been assigned were in the woods.
I believe this was two GCs at one time and got bought out and became one. The section we stayed in was obviously older and there was a muddy creek filled with too many ducks and duck ****. It had the general feeling of not being kept up very well.
Now, that was around ten years ago or maybe more. It may have improved since then, but there was room for improvements.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

atomlinson
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Claboughs a couple of times. It's a huge campground with 2 pools and a lazy river. As mentioned, there's a trolley stop in front of the campground. Pretty nice place, and I'd stay there again.
Andy
2012 Keystone Outback 280RS
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 6.0

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I like Creekside in Pigeon Forge. Nice full hook up and many with pull through. Close to all attractions.

1985air345
Explorer
Explorer
Phil & Stephie wrote:
Some trolley info:

Rides are 50 cents per person, except Patriot Park to Gatlinburg Welcome Center is $1.00.

My mistake. I guess I had $1 on the brain since it was my wife and I riding and I dropped $1 every time we boarded! Whoops.
Fred H.
1977 Argosy 20' Motorhome
ViewRVs.com
Fred's Airstream Archives

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Some trolley info:

Rides are 50 cents per person, except Patriot Park to Gatlinburg Welcome Center is $1.00.

Camp Rivers Landing, trolley runs right thru the park with stops at the entrance, midway through and just past the exit.

Trolley is best way to visit Dollywood, parking is free at Patriot Park but get there early on busy days.

Come visit Sevier County and enjoy your stay.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Both are nice parks. Clabough's is on the trolley route and you would have to take it to get to the parkway. Its still on a very busy road even though its off of the parkway. Camp riverslanding is a short walk to a trolley stop, but still necessary to take it to get up and down the parkway. Of course you can always drive yourself when ever you wish. Traffic can be heavy in the summer so bring your patience and plenty of it. If you have never been to the area before I suggest you do as much research as you can on what you want to do while you are here. I have to suggest the Dixie Stampede. Its all redone and new for this year and the show and dinner is really good. You also have to go into the National park and do a little hiking, go to Clingmans Dome, the highest point in the park. It has an observation tower that really gives you a grand view. A trip over to Cade's Cove may be a nice picnic day. There really is so much to do in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg that you really do need a plan as to what you want to see and do. If you like base ball we have the Chicago Cubs farm team, The Smokies, here in Sevierville. The stadium is right off exit 407 (to the north) and tickets are cheap. Enjoy researching the area.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We drove thru and I wasn't impressed. We always stay at Pine Mtn RV Park when in the area. We have stayed at many of the different parks and just find that this one offers convenience, quiet (since it's not ON the parkway), decent size sites (for the area) and pools (indoor and outdoor).

It is 2 blocks off the parkway and behind a knoll, so it blocks most of the noise.

It's really close to the bypass, so you can get to the GSMNP without hitting all the Pigeon Forge traffic. It, like most of the others inside of Pigeon Forge, is on the trolley line.

Dollywood is 2 blocks on the parkway and then up Dollywood Parkway. You are about 3 blocks from Patriot Park, which has a great fireworks display on July 4th. They have other things going on throughout the year.

Go to RV Park Reviews and check out the reviews for each of the parks.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

njtowerdriver
Explorer
Explorer
I tried searching the forum for Clabough's and nothing was returned. I was hoping somebody had some input into this campground.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search this Forum for either name for previous posts.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

1985air345
Explorer
Explorer
Just another thought. Staying at the KOA next to the central trolley station does save you a trolley ride TO the central terminal at Patriot Park. If you are going to Dollywood, the trolley takes you right there and would be less than the parking fee. The trolley is the best way to get to Dollywood. Since there are 5 of you, each leg of the trolley is $5 ($1 each). Staying farther away can save you some money but also cost you more (trolley stops, parking, time, etc.). Just my $0.02.
Fred H.
ViewRVs.com

1985air345
Explorer
Explorer
I have not been to either to those two campgrounds. We did stay at Foothills RV park. That was very nice but your 36' trailer may be a bit much.

We did walk around the Pigeon Forge KOA. It was very nice and could not be more centrally located. It is next to a large park (Patriot Park) and within a short walk to the central trolley service (a very nice feature). It would be my first choice for the next visit. If you have kids, the KOA has a nice pool. If you don't have kids, the park is large and spread out enough to keep it calm and quiet.
Fred H.
ViewRVs.com