cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Couldn't get into Bar Harbor ME area this week?

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try again tomorrow after 10 or so at Mountain View CG in Sullivan ME. Had a 50 amp site reserved that I will need to cancel.

We stopped at my cousin's house for the annual family reunion on Sunday and another dog attacked our new pup (13 weeks old) and broke his leg. He's stabilized and on pain meds, but we'll be taking him home for treatment instead of a week in Maine.

Life often hands you lemons... Let's hope Zeke doesn't associate getting into the motor home with broken legs.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox
11 REPLIES 11

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Try Timberland Acres CG just south of Ellisburg.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
@allenm you should like Dixen's clean, maintained campground, sites though are on small side. York beach should be awesome with the kids back to school!

@jplante4 sorry to hear about your dog, hoping for a speedy recovery!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
One might say your vacation has gone to the dogs! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

allenm
Explorer
Explorer
We're headed to Maine next week. Staying at Dixon's CG at Cape Neddick for a week then on up to Bass Harbor CG for another week at Acadia.

I hear you about canceling and taking Zeke home. We'd be doing the same thing.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We though of going to Maine on Tue for a week. Is the whole state full of campers or can we get in without reservations?

Check ahead by calling the campgrounds you are interested in. It will be after Labor Day and with most kids back in schools things should be available.

jplante, so sorry about the pup. That really stinks.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Life gives you lots of lemons... and you can only drink so much lemonade.
I hope Zeke makes a quick and full recovery. Please keep us updated.

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope the little one gets better. I am just outside Freeport tonight.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We though of going to Maine on Tue for a week. Is the whole state full of campers or can we get in without reservations?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bahr Haber is on my bucket list for next summer. I have to get attuned to the local annunciations....

Getting educated, my wife and I have friends in Northern Maine so I'm coming to terms with 'hot top' and 'dooryaard'...lol

Sorry about your pup. Hope Zeke recovers fine and has no bad memories. Pups are pretty resilient.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Zeke. Hope you can get him to socialize with others after this.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about your puppy's injury.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad