BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide
19 REPLIES 19

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Click bait website. Filled with random internet images. Little to no original content. But if you go there and give them your email address (which they can sell) and click on the ads, then theyโ€™ll make a few dollars.

Without providing my email I was able to get the coordinates for some great boondock locations so I thank them for that.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think of the govt allows travel, there will be pent up demand and RV park use will be on par with normal. That is a big IF.

For us, we cancelled out trip to the Keys for next month but have kept our reservations for various places on the east coast that take us from mid-June till October. Whether we actually will get to go will be determined as we get closer to June. If we have to stay home, I guess I'll be doing lots of fishing and stuff around the house.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I'm patiently waiting to hear covid-19 has been canceled.
The economy will rebound but RVING may lag.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
I don't agree with the article But it will certainly be a down year for camping.
I have missed/cancelled 3 trips already. Hopefully things will improve by summer.

Down year for camping, worse for the cruise lines. Who knows In the end this could steer people over to Rving.

My april trip canceled, May trip probably canceled, hoping I can keep my June trip in Hudson Valley, NY

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Cruel Summer- the original
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
If people are cancelling reservations even into the summer, and things open up, do you think those cancelled reservations will be gobbled up and the parks will be just as hard to get into? Or will the parks still be barren as people error on the side of caution?
It is very likely the parks and the surrounding attractions will be closed out of caution. The big concern is going to be the medical facilities surrounding those attractions since most of them are very small and rural. As an example, the towns within a 50 mile radius of Yellowstone have a population of around 60,000. Yellowstone had 4 million visitors in 2019. Even if a small fraction of those visitors became sick, the local hospitals would be overwhelmed. And then there is the logistical problems of isolating those who do not need hospitalization. Hotel rooms cannot house people for 14 days beyond their reservations and it is very likely that air travel will involve a virus test, or temperature check at a minimum, prior to boarding so just going home will not be an option. I really don't see how rural vacation areas can open and believe me, I have a very vested interest in them opening.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
If people are cancelling reservations even into the summer, and things open up, do you think those cancelled reservations will be gobbled up and the parks will be just as hard to get into? Or will the parks still be barren as people error on the side of caution?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Our summer plans are still on. Of course we are at the whims of closures of federal CGs. But if they cancel our reservations instead of us doing it, we won't pay a cancellation fee and will get a full refund. In the past, that has included the reservation fee plus the per night fee.

If we are able to go, the biggest change will be that we won't visit restaurants, brewpubs and such in towns along the way. I hate not being able to do that and help with their recovery but I don't want to risk our health, especially a thousand miles from home.

For us, the closure of all the CG's around Moab, even boondocking locations, has been a big miss, as it's only a three hour drive and our easy getaway location. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Around here, they have or are considering even closing trailhead parking as they are getting overrun because people who aren't working have lots of time on their hands. If that continues, we just may have to throw our backpacks on and hike up the hill from our backyard and into the NF that way!

They used to say 60 is the new 40, which is why we still mountain bike and I even picked up snowboarding a few years ago. Now, 60 is the new elderly! Who knew? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let's bail out the cruise ship and mega whatever industry.....to heck with those people working in the RV industry.
Well, the RV industry weathered the storm alone before. Hopefully it happens again. My heart goes out to those guys.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sadly, most of the events we have planned have been canceled for the summer. But...Yesterday I scored a lakeside spot in a National Forest campground in the Northwoods of Wisconsin for mid August. Next we'll think about a fall trip.
I always need something to look forward to.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
...........................................St. Paulโ€™s..The Shard.............................BT Tower.....The Eye

Not an RV park!
Not even the USA!

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Clickbait or not, sad but true story.

We have canceled all our season RV plans. Going to wait it out to see if the situation clears by summer. I rather doubt it.

Chances are the TT won't leave storage this year.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I don't agree with the article But it will certainly be a down year for camping.
I have missed/cancelled 3 trips already. Hopefully things will improve by summer.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Click bait website. Filled with random internet images. Little to no original content. But if you go there and give them your email address (which they can sell) and click on the ads, then theyโ€™ll make a few dollars.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF