cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Death Valley -- Furnace Creek -- Mid-May

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We will be staying at Furnace Creek for a few days in Mid-May. After 4/15 all the spaces are "walk in" that is no reservations.

There are only a few sites with electrical. What is the probable that one will be open??? or do all the electrical sites get taken during the summer.

In other words how busy is the park in Mid-May??
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
17 REPLIES 17

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're going out the west side, be sure your rig can handle the long up hill climbs before you get started.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Mid-May can be extremely HOT. Folks there will want electric if they can. We dry-camped and only lasted one night by sitting outside. . . not enjoyable. We came back in November for the 49ers Days - wonderful.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Starting to thin out as the temperatures rise. Chances are low an electrical would be open however. Average high is 99 degrees. April or March would be better.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad