cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dentures made in Progreso, Mexico?

retiredsnook
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone get dentures made in Progreso, Mexico near McAllen and Mission, Texas?
We have the name of Dr Julio Alor or High Estethic Dental Office with Dr Oscar Elizondo and Dr Osiel Cazarez.
Any comments
:?
29 REPLIES 29

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Question of the week> Dentists make a LOT of money working on unhealthy teeth. Why should I buy a toothpaste that is recommended by 4 out of 5 dentists? ๐Ÿ™‚

retiredsnook
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Dr Julio Alor......upper and lowers. Quoted $3000 in Canada and $600 from Dr Alor. Very, very happy with quick, great experience. Have always used glue on lowers even new ones. Not any more. We were recommended by others in our park to Dr Alor.
Had choice of colour. Come back if we have problems but none.

texanrvr
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Dr. Eduardo Flores. We've been going to him for about 5 years and I had extensive work done there and was very satisfied. Especially with the price.
Jay-Driver
Stella-Director of Operations and Navigator
Cassie-Schnauzer
'11 Heartland Landmark
2010 Dodge 3500 DRW
SLT

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Valplast partial made at the Apple clinic 6 years ago. My home dentist commented on the excellent work that was done.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another option:

I have been extremely happy with the cost and the dental procedures I have had in the dental school at... A.T. Still University.....in Mesa, Arizona.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Ozlander wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Like I said I worked building and remodeling Dental clinics for over 30 years and I was around them while they were actually seeing patients. So I was able to actually see how they sanitized the tools and kept the clean areas clean. It's what you can't see that can hurt you.

So how many of these clinics have Assistants and Hygienists that went to Dental school to get the proper training

If you haven't been the back of a Mexico dental clinic, you have no right to pass judgement on them.
Just because you built a building, does not make you an inspector of dental clinics.

OK SORRY I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE ON THE SUBJECT!

I did NOT just build a Building I built over 100 of them and spoke to many of the Dentists on this subject but I guess that does not qualify me to speak my opinion on this subject, SORRY!

Yep I should keep my comments to my self.

I have not seen what it's like behind the scenes in Mexico nor have any of you as far as we know but I have seen behind the scenes in the US Clinics I have built and re modeled.

So based on your own personal experience you should be scared of US Dental Clinics :E

Yes I am retired.
No I did NOT add an extra fuel tank
NO I do not follow the herd.
Yes I think for myself
YES I think US Dentists overcharge........offer to pay cash and they instantly drop the charge. Question the new charge and they will drop it some more.
No I don't have dental insurance.......for some reason it s NOT part of medical coverage which is just idiotic.
Yes I have been to Mexico and had dental work done.
YES I was leery but was VERY impressed by the professional care, treatment, clinic and THE COST.
YES I would go back should the need arise

Opinions are great.....if based on actual experience.

Comes down to CHOICE........which is a grand thing

I agree it comes down to choice but because a person thinks something is fine they should not resist, be offended or try to stifle someones different opinion on a subject as some here have tried to do..

To say I have no experience, so I should basically shut up is silly. I do have experience first hand with some people I know who have had a bad experience and Dentists that have told me of the problems that they have had to fix over the years from south of the border Dentists.

I retired at the end of 2011 and leading up to that time I was concerned because I would not have Dental Insurance after I retired. So I was thinking about going to Mexico to have my work done if I needed any while we wintered in SoCal and AZ. I spoke to several Dentists before retiring and decided the risk was not worth it to me. So I paid for whatever dental work we needed up until a couple months ago. Starting the first of the year I have Dental insurance again since I worked a few months last summer and was able to get Cobra for 18 months that includes Dental Coverage.

So are there any more reasons I should keep my comments to my self?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
joebedford wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I just find it interesting how people by nature are "Steeple".
Were you fishing for "sheeple"?

HA, Auto correct! Sheeple is what I wanted to say, Thanks.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Ozlander wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Like I said I worked building and remodeling Dental clinics for over 30 years and I was around them while they were actually seeing patients. So I was able to actually see how they sanitized the tools and kept the clean areas clean. It's what you can't see that can hurt you.

So how many of these clinics have Assistants and Hygienists that went to Dental school to get the proper training

If you haven't been the back of a Mexico dental clinic, you have no right to pass judgement on them.
Just because you built a building, does not make you an inspector of dental clinics.

I did NOT just build a Building I built over 100 of them and spoke to many of the Dentists on this subject but I guess that does not qualify me to speak my opinion on this subject, SORRY!

I have not seen what it's like behind the scenes in Mexico nor have any of you as far as we know but I have seen behind the scenes in the US Clinics I have built and re modeled.

So based on your own personal experience you should be scared of US Dental Clinics :E

Yes I am retired.
No I did NOT add an extra fuel tank
NO I do not follow the herd.
Yes I think for myself
YES I think US Dentists overcharge........offer to pay cash and they instantly drop the charge. Question the new charge and they will drop it some more.
No I don't have dental insurance.......for some reason it s NOT part of medical coverage which is just idiotic.
Yes I have been to Mexico and had dental work done.
YES I was leery but was VERY impressed by the professional care, treatment, clinic and THE COST.
YES I would go back should the need arise

Opinions are great.....if based on actual experience.

Comes down to CHOICE........which is a grand thing
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ozlander wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I just find it interesting how people by nature are "Steeple".
Were you fishing for "sheeple"?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

As I said I don't care what others do but I find it interesting when I bring up anything possibly negative about this subject many get all twisted!

Carry on if you want. I just want people to really think about this as it is not risk free.

Not twisted ....just questioning blanket statements

ANY dental procedure is NOT without risk be it in the US or outside the US.

Many happy folks using Mexican Dental Clinics.

You have spent 30 yrs building/remodeling so your concerns are valid...but it seems that concern would be about US Dental Clinics as that has been where your personal experience is/was.

By your own statement "I have no personal experience because I won't go there"

Haven't been there, haven't used them.

Just saying.........

I have never said US Dental clinics are perfect! But the fact is if you have a serious problem from going to a Dentist from Mexico for example you sure are not going to get any legal recourse as if the same were to happen in the US.

I just find it interesting how people by nature are "Steeple". What I mean is for example it's almost a given that when you retire you will add a extra fuel tank to your truck not that you need one but because that's what "everyone does". Same with Dental care and many other subjects associated with retirement and RV'ing.

I know I don't want to jump off a bridge and don't have to do so to confirm it may not be the best thing to do. Same goes for Dental Care in Mexico.

I guarantee you many people that have had problems just won't admit it no different than any other subject when the norm is X and your experience is y.

People say I can't afford going to a US Dentist so they go to a Mexican one. What would you do if the US was your only choice?

Think before doing the "popular" thing!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

As I said I don't care what others do but I find it interesting when I bring up anything possibly negative about this subject many get all twisted!

Carry on if you want. I just want people to really think about this as it is not risk free.

Not twisted ....just questioning blanket statements

ANY dental procedure is NOT without risk be it in the US or outside the US.

Many happy folks using Mexican Dental Clinics.

You have spent 30 yrs building/remodeling so your concerns are valid...but it seems that concern would be about US Dental Clinics as that has been where your personal experience is/was.

By your own statement "I have no personal experience because I won't go there"

Haven't been there, haven't used them.

Just saying.........
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31