cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Desert Trail RV Tuscon Butterfield RV Benson

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for info on these two parks. Wintering in Az. winter 2017 and 2018. Thanks
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.
4 REPLIES 4

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at Desert Trails in Tucson and enjoyed it alot. The owner is great and the park is nice but a little unusual. It was at one time an amusement park. It's biggest downfall and the reason I did not stay there this year on my way through Tucson ( I was there for a month last year) is that it is very far from the cnter of Tucson and a fair distance to a grocery store, Home Depot etc. I spent a lot in fuel just getting around.

But it is scenic and quiet and friendly.

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We wintered at Butterfield several years ago and enjoyed the stay. they have a 16" observatory grade telescope you can look through most nights. After a brief time you don't notice the trains anymore. The city was trying to get the trains to stop blowing their horns when we were there. Wouldn't count on that happening. very convenient for shopping, library, dining out etc. As in most RV resorts they had many activities. Next visit we want to stay at Cochise terrace up on the hill on the road to Sierra Vista. Definitely check rvparkreviews before visiting.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Trails is in Tucson at a lower elevation than Benson so it will be a bit warmer.

Desert Trails is good if you're a hiker with easy access to trails. It's more rustic.

Butterfield is not quiet. It's along a busy road, Safeway grocery is next door and you'll hear the train... all hours.

I would think Butterfield would be more expensive but I don't know. I've not stayed at either but know folks who have. It just depends what kind of surroundings you enjoy.

Cochise Terrace in Benson would be more quiet.

Personally, I wouldn't lock either in before experiencing the area. If this is your first time in Arizona I'd suggest trying out different areas a short time before committing... and not just Arizona - any state you are looking for long-term.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I use RV Park Reviews and Good Sam to learn about parks. Good Sam has the details and reviews while RV Park has the reviews. Good combination.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE