cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disneyland RV park?

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Anaheim RV park sounds good, as does Anaheim Harbor as far as I can tell from Google. Although Anaheim does sound better, than the harbor
Will be staying with 11 year old GD, and a dog.

Price is not a concern, want the best for the GD and the dog and shuttle to Disney. Thoughts suggestions other parks?
11 REPLIES 11

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies, pretty much expected it to be a parking lot. Just wanted to make sure it was not terrible

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:
We've stayed at Anaheim *Harbor* now twice. Yes, it's a parking lot too, but a nice one. We've enjoyed it.

Last time, at the urging of the staff and neighbors we Uber'd all around. Also recommended. I think it was $5 to get to Disneyland. And a 3 minute wait.

It didn't even occur to me to try Uber while we were there, we just used the shuttle or drove. I think the shuttle was about $15 and parking was $18. We may give it a shot next time. I've used Uber on other trips before and it's super slick. The only think I've yet to figure out is whether I'm supposed to tip or not. Uber says no but some of the drivers hint pretty hard at yes.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Anaheim *Harbor* now twice. Yes, it's a parking lot too, but a nice one. We've enjoyed it.

Last time, at the urging of the staff and neighbors we Uber'd all around. Also recommended. I think it was $5 to get to Disneyland. And a 3 minute wait.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Anaheim Rv Park. Clean, friendly and the shuttle make it an easy stay.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at and like Anaheim RV park. As was mentioned- there is no enclosure around the campground and the school across the street is noisy. We used the bus to get to Disneyland each day we went to visit.

http://nowornever-learntorv.blogspot.com/2016/05/disneyland-and-some-rv-service.html
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Anaheim RV park over the summer and were satisfied. The fireworks are impressive from there and there's a Walmart market just down the street for supplies. The shuttle service is handy but three kids is the break even point cost-wise to drive and park, and we thought it was a bit more convenient to skip the shuttle - it's less than 5 minutes to drive and you can leave and come back during the day with your parking pass. Three kids and a double stroller is easier to deal with in your own truck, imo.

The park felt safe and was clean. That type of density isn't my idea of camping but once you wrap your mind around the fact that you're basically using it as a hotel it's fine. There are lots of grass areas for pets.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Anaheim RV park two times. We have enjoyed our stays and will stay there again next time. The shuttle is right in their checking area. Very safe and comfortable. You can even see the fireworks there. The route from there was organized so we were the first on & first off...always got seats. That route goes right past Cheesecake Factory, PC Changs & McCormick & Schmits as well as a couple of others, so we were able to dine there. Have fun!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Anaheim RV and weren't impressed. Staying at Orangeland next time. RV Park Reviews is another great way to get park opinions.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
It has been awhile but Orange park rv park on Struck St is way cheaper and if oranges are ripe you can pick from trees scattered thru the CG. I think they have shuttles to DL and about 8 miles trip.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
We stay @ Anaheim RV every year in Jan. They also have pet service were they will walk your dog. The shuttle is super easy. over all safe and very clean place for the LA area. When are you going we will be there this Jan?
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Anaheim RV park many years ago. Forgetting the expense, as would be expected up close and personal with Disneyland, I remember it as nothing more than a full hookup parking lot. Neither park lay in neighborhoods where you would want your daughter to play outside the RV without immediate supervision. The public school across the street was noisy starting early in the morning, which is probably OK since you will be waking early to start at Disneyland when it opens. I believe both have shuttles. You might look into Uber since the last shuttle home is shortly after the park closes but the Disney World shopping area is open later...or so this used to be. Both parks are safe, clean parks in the middle of a city and the amenities are not really important because it is assumed you will be a tourist. Pick one, don't expect much, and enjoy the vacation where Dreams come true.