cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Downtown Charleston SC Parking

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
Any decent parking lots in the downtown area (where all of the action is) that can accommodate a 31 foot Class C? Don't feel like renting a car for only a couple of days visit next month.

Thank y'all for your help!
10 REPLIES 10

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
just don't get run over by all the semi's downtown.

they do not give you any room with an RV. as the lanes are NOT full size.

Old City, even older roads downtown. TIGHT. I was there this past March.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Park at the visitor center and take the free tourist bus
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
The last time we had our RV in Charleston, about 3 or 4 years ago, the staff at Oak Plantation Campground told us there is a parking garage with RV & Bus parking on the first floor. We parked our 32' Class C for a few hours. Same price as cars. I want to say it was near the visitor center, but I can't remember.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
When we stayed at James Island CP, they had a shuttle that ran everyday in and out. Thats part of why we stayed there. Charleston is crowded and the streets are tight.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
Charleston visitor center sounds just like the Savannah visitor center. It had a few RV parking spots also. What got me about there (Savannah), the police didn't enforce cars parking in the rv spots. I was lucky to get one, but there were other rv's that weren't so lucky.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Parking for RV in downtown Charleston - None

Not really any good parking for a 2500 pickup either.

Park at the Visitor Center and use the shuttle bus to get around. A very good bargin.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
There is RV parking very close to the Visitors Center. We used it several years ago with our truck camper. Last time in Charleston we had our tow car but I remember seeing several RV's in the parking lot close to where the tours start from. Rates were reasonable last time we were there.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

williamp321
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck with any parking in Charleston.

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Call 843-973-7290. Vistor's Center Parking. Room for 18 RV'S

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
I dont think so