cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Edisto beach

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted to go to Charleston or savannah camping for spring break. James county campground is all booked up. So is hunting island. Edisto beach has some openings in thier non beach front campground. But friends tell me itโ€™s a long drive in and the town of edisto has nothing really to do and about an hour to Charleston.

Any thoughts from someone who has been there
10 REPLIES 10

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
How far is the beach from Skidaway?

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Givhans Ferry is closer to Charleston and if I recall, has full service lots.

When we go to Savannah we stay at Skidaway Island State Park.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you checked some of the commercial CGโ€™s near Hunting? No direct shot to Charleston though.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
NCMODELA wrote:
Was there something specific about the part away from the beach.

Small rough gravel sites in the woods, maybe fine for some but we go to the beach to be near the water.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I havenโ€™t been there in awhile but I recall one of the best beaches on the East Coast, really tight in the wooded area, long haul from beach to dump station and totally undrinkable water.
Larry

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Was there something specific about the part away from the beach.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Edisto had a bar and a restaurant when we were there. The food in the bar was great. We stayed by the beach a couple years ago and it was very nice, the part away from the beach was not for us

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
dmck413 wrote:
We have stayed at Oak plantation and it was nice

We stay here often. Other than a nightmare getting into and out, we really enjoy the campground. Sightseeing to Charleston instead of turning east on 17, we turn west one block to Main Rd then NW to Bees Ferry Rd then east to Glen McConnell Pkwy then SE to I-526. About a 3 1/2 mile denture but a real present drive.

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Oak plantation and it was nice

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Also. Is the water too cold to get into?