Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Big RV Trip

Ecurb0480
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

New to the forum, and are planning a trip from Central Canada to the Maritime Provinces and down eastern states and across to Arizona. Planning to take a couple of months. Any must sees, helpful road tips? We really don’t have a solid plan , just ready to hit the road!

Thanks,

Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
6 REPLIES 6

charming
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what to say, we are taking two months just to go from SC to NM and back home through the southern part of Texas. So much of what I would suggest might not be of interest to our friends from the north.

I would suggest you avoid I-95 at least in the North East. Anything north of Richmond VA is pretty much a major headache.

If you can work it out - Washington DC is worth a few days. The museums and monuments are amazing. We plan to make a stop there next summer.

Perhaps angle west from there and head down to I-40 and head west. That will take you all the way west to AZ. Perhaps when you get to Arkansas head north to Tulsa and then follow some of the old Route 66. On other posts I read about the Cowboy Museum plus there are a number of museums about our native Americans. When you make the turn to head back home, some folks on here can make recommendations on which National Parks are good options as you work your way north.

Good luck and let us know your plans.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
the Great Smoky MTN's in TN is a must see.
:C

God Bless

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Ecurb0480 wrote:
planning a trip from Central Canada to the Maritime Provinces and down eastern states and across to Arizona. Any must sees,

My goodness! That covers half of the North American continent! The "must sees" could fill a book. Too big a scope for an internet forum, but I will start:
The Grand Canyon in Arizona.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
I think you need to tell us a little more about yourselves. What type of RV do you have, are you on a tight budget and looking for low cost camping spots or are hook-ups a priority. What sort of things do you like to do. Are you interested in bicycling or hiking trails, kayaking, National Park attractions etc. When do you plan to travel? If during prime summer months reservations at state/provincial parks and national parks should be taken into consideration. Do you want to be on the move a lot, or settle someplace for several days and do day tripping. Age - travel medical insurance for the time you are in the US could be quite expensive. Look into that before making firm plans. Do NOT travel in US without it.

If we have some answers - you will get more useful help that suits your plans.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can, drop south and visit The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield village near Detroit. Worth 3 days for sure.