cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

forestcamping.com ???

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any info on forestcamping.com as to why we now have to have a sign-in on what was a wonderful open site for all to use??? I know we have to sign-in on most of these RV sites, but just wondering what happened. New site owners, hijacked, or whatever!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles
19 REPLIES 19

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
That is (was) a very useful site by a couple that visited USFS campgrounds and posted very useful and detailed into on them. I've used it plenty of times. I'm surprised it was affected by the shutdown. Maybe since it referenced US gov't websites the owners decided to take that route, rather than get a bunch of questions on why something didn't work.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah it's the shutdown, I recall in the 2013 shutdown that USGS did the same thing.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
It is, or was, a very useful site that had a lot of info on almost all NF campgrounds in the nation, cataloged by state and forest. As to the shutdown being the cause, I don't know if that would be the case. Too me, it came across as a site started and maintained by an RV'ing couple that had visited the sites, or at least accessed info and combined with their own info to provide a centralized spot for anyone to look through. Not really a blog or their blog, but a very useful comprehensive site. Has been mentioned and linked many times on these forums.

I haven't tried to log on, and don't know how anyone could if you haven't "joined" before! Can't see any way to "join"!!!

Guess it could have had the evil guvmint hiding inside, deceiving us all along!!!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete