cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fort Wilderness, Busy as usual..

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Purely out of curiosity I searched Fort Wilderness for November through January and was surprised to see it sold out as usual. We were not really planning to go anyway, but I thought it might still be pretty open considering Disney is limiting numbers into the parks, but it does not appear that way. Sold out around all holidays and all surrounding weeks.
7 REPLIES 7

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
We were just there for a week in September. Weekends were busy as usual but a lot of open sites during the week. We are empty nesters so that was great for us.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed , it sucks getting the good dates there. And traveling from nj, i want to spend more then a week. Otherwise not worth my travel time. The cost of the fort relative to tickets makes it a good place to have a down day or 3 to relax from shuffling the kids ride to ride. Not aure if this is leagal, but the dis board has a camping section that is on the money for fort wilderness.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mayor30 wrote:
Is every day sold out or just weekends? I have found that if you don't need a weekend you can usually get a spot. We like to come in on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday.

Around the holidays every configuration of days that I checked is sold out including weekdays. Would be sooooo much easier if they would show the available days like most state parks and campground do. When we are serious about going we waste an insane amount of time checking 20-30 times the same dates when a simple availability calendar would make it simple.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Is every day sold out or just weekends? I have found that if you don't need a weekend you can usually get a spot. We like to come in on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday.

Y-Guy
With the changes to opening up in Florida Disney is moving towards 50% capacity. But the reason RV sales have been so strong during Covid-19 will make FW popular even in the midst of all of this, the safety of your own RV, cooking your own food, etc. If I lived close enough I'd be all over going to the Fort.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
They just had a dis meet there that just ended ( i cancled my reservation due to coviad and the self isolation stuff ruf.. The fort is still busy, just some less stuff. Notably places to eat. They opened up the reservations for the end of 2021, folled up for the holidays in 10 minutes. So , still busy and qill be for some time. I have november of 2021 booked, couldn't get my halloween dates or Christmas.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

kfp673 wrote:
Purely out of curiosity I searched Fort Wilderness for November through January and was surprised to see it sold out as usual. We were not really planning to go anyway, but I thought it might still be pretty open considering Disney is limiting numbers into the parks, but it does not appear that way. Sold out around all holidays and all surrounding weeks.

Hang in there... I would think that there will be some cancellations as we get closer if our friends up North in Canada are still not allowed to travel into the states..

If anyone is looking to go, I suggest you look or call every day to see availability.. that is what we ( Disney Travel Agents) do when needing a specific date range.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet