cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frontiertown, ocean city md.

cubscout
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to stay at Frontiertown campground near OC,md. Trying to find site that is not crammed in. I know some of the sites are small and close. Any site #s & pics are welcomed.
6 REPLIES 6

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Frontier Town and always on EE loop. You are on the perimeter and have no one behind you. I consider the EE sites quite large for non-State Park camping.

Be careful of sites in the G, H loops. When it rains these sites will be under water. We have never had an issue on EE but I have seen the sites in front of us on the above mentioned loops be underwater. I have seen poor folks check into their site and literally walk out of their camper and step into a lake.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
What tops them all for space is Assateague National Seashore, the ocean side sites or the bayside sites.

Ocean side sites.

There is a catch, besides being far cheaper than Frontiertown or Castaways, it is dry camping & you need to be mindful of the wild horses that roam the CG.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Frontier Town is a busy place during the summer. All sites a close, while I don't believe any are crammed in, I would not consider any spacious either.
Frontier town is the best family Park in OC. Rates are reasonable for a ocean resort area. There are lots of activities and attractions. The place is very well managed especially considering how busy it can be.
We have gone to Frontier town every years for the last 8 summers. The FHU sites go fast. The waterfront and waterview sites are obviously the most desirable.
Occasionally we have been fortunate enough to get a FHU site however we usually stay in the B,C, D water electric sites without any issues.
The W/E area is generally in full sun vs. the FHU area which has a bit more shade. The water area sites are generally in the sun as well.
While I do enjoy the shade at times beach area camping is meant to happen in hot sunny weather.
Castaways which is about 4 miles away is also located on the bay. Castaways while still a family campground is a bit more upscale and a tad less family oriented Frontier Town.
Castaways rates are a bit on the high side and they also have breed restrictions for dogs. Nevertheless Castaways is a viable alternative to Frontier Town.

Assateague State park is about 10 miles away. Great place with true beach front camping. Electric and pet sites are limited however. Due to huge demand getting a site at Assateague during peak season is tough/impossible!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Stanmawyer
Explorer
Explorer
The best lots are those facing the marina. Numbers 17, 18, 19, I believe. This campground is quite tight for a 45 Class A. We prefer Castaways, the sites are much larger, and the beachfront, and beach entertainment is really nice.
All the Best,
Captain Stan
2006 American Heritage 600HP

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
We stay there frequently, the CE Lane sites are all decent size. Back in's along EE are kind of tight.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Frontiertown twice now- the first time with our pop-up and more recently with our 42' fifth wheel. In the pop-up, we were in a grassy field for a site. Not bad. Not sure if you're 30' camper will fit, though.

In the 42' fifth wheel, there were actually very few sites that we fit at the campground at all. Here's where we ended up:

Not a bad site, but it faced the road which was a bit noisy (especially considering we were there for a classic car weekend). The biggest downer was the street light immediately above us.

Here's my full review of Frontier Town.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page