cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fun Fact about Oregon State Parks

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
This article was shared by an OPRD Ranger, thought members might find it interesting.
Fun facts about Oregon State Parks
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
10 REPLIES 10

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
RedRollingRoadblock wrote:
rhagfo wrote:

Well we are currently hosting at Silver Falls and have had a almost a full month of snow!

Isn't there a plan in place to add a larger campground? Seems like I read something about it. Haven't been up there in a long time, need to get there again.

Several Oregon State parks inline for upgrades.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.feature-article&articleId=295

Thanks for that link GoDucks, the Silver Falls segment has a picture of a structure that came with a land acquirement, often referred to as the White House.
The dump station was very close to completion as we left, not bad considering the contractor lost about three week due to the snow.

Silver Falls

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

Well we are currently hosting at Silver Falls and have had a almost a full month of snow!

Isn't there a plan in place to add a larger campground? Seems like I read something about it. Haven't been up there in a long time, need to get there again.

Several Oregon State parks inline for upgrades.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.feature-article&articleId=295

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Thanks for the link. We'll be a 4 this summer. Bullards, Ft Stevens, LL Stub and South Beach.
They should've added another statistic. The two State parks that are almost impossible to get into. Harris Beach and Silver Falls. LOL

That has to be beautiful up there with the snow.
I guess hosting is one way to get a spot. LOL.

It was for the first two weeks or so, after that it was a bit of a pain. It is hard to get camping loops that are closed for winter, ready to open for spring, when covered with snow.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:

Yes, planing and work are under way. The new dump station is just about complete.โ€™ Not sure when the construction will really get going on new campground.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Thanks for the link. We'll be a 4 this summer. Bullards, Ft Stevens, LL Stub and South Beach.
They should've added another statistic. The two State parks that are almost impossible to get into. Harris Beach and Silver Falls. LOL

That has to be beautiful up there with the snow.
I guess hosting is one way to get a spot. LOL.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon State Parks provides special discounts for veterans with service connected disabilities, even those from out of state.

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/?do=v.page&id=19

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have enjoyed long term stays in the Oregon State Park system including 1 month at Champoeg SP south of Portland. Beautiful state and very friendly in 2010 to 2012 and again in 2018. Also generous discounts to out of state veterans. Almost moved there.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer