cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gamble Rogers SP

petestulipbug
Explorer
Explorer
I just booked a site at Gamble Rogers (Site 27), does any one know if that will accommodate a 20' hybrid? Its 20' before we push the beds out the front and back. The description says vehicle max 27' but then it says best for under 20' so I am not so sure. It was the only spot left.
7 REPLIES 7

petestulipbug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much! I called them and confirmed we should fit! I have been checking daily (some times a few times a day) for a weekend this summer. Wanted to be on the beachside, although the new sites look very nice. We only live 2 hours away but have never been! Hubby will fish while me and the kiddos will enjoy the beach ๐Ÿ™‚

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
RRinNFla wrote:
First, congrats on getting a site at Gamble Rogers. Winning the FL lottery is easier. .

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! :B
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

RRinNFla
Explorer
Explorer
First, congrats on getting a site at Gamble Rogers. Winning the FL lottery is easier.

Florida SP's are pretty good at listing max length, so you should be good. There are no trees in the seaside CG, so that is not a problem. You may have to park your tow vehicle in overflow.
Richard

2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RLT
2008 Ford F250 V10 (Gas), EC, SB, 4X4

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
The ones in the back half (past the bathrooms) are pretty small. The ones before the bathroom are larger (1-24). It will probably be a really tight squeeze if only because of the lack of maneuvering room. Once the tt is settled into the site, you can park the truck across the road. Check google maps. You may be able to stick out a little but the road back there is also tight (not too wide).
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We volunteered at Gamble Rogers for several years. Sites 25-37 are smaller sites south of the bathhouse. When we were there, management was rather strong in restricting the size of rigs in those sites. Although some of those can accommodate slightly larger rigs, they wouldn't allow it. It might be wise to call the park and chat with them, rather than be refused upon arrival.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

captbru
Explorer
Explorer

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure on that specific site, but we had our 33' 5th wheel in there. I don't remember the sites being very small. They were mostly sand/coral and not super well defined so I'm pretty sure you could make it work. Not much around there, but the beach is really close. Try the little restaurant/bar to the north, good boiled shrimp.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS