cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Golf cart Pigeon Forge

bigblue1234
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering would it be worth time and effort to take golf cart on vacation behind 5th wheel? To visit all the attractions around Pigeon Forge area, or would be to congested? What would be A good rv park in the area, and places to visit? Have two grand kids,boy and girl 8 and 10.

Never been in that area before. Thanks. P.S. Spring early summer 2014.

Mega dually- Cardinal LX
21 REPLIES 21

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Also keep in mind double towing is not legal in Virginia, North & South Carolina if you plan a side trip.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Guys - they are, in fact, legal provided they have the required safety gear. This was verified by our campground owner last month when I asked. I would NOT attempt a trip to Gatlinburg, however.

As far as getting around PF, they are starting to show up here and there. Traffic generally runs slow enough that you aren't going to get trampled, however, I'd keep a CLOSE eye on my rear view mirror. After all, it is a town full of tourists who don't know where they are going.

A lot of the parking lots at the tourist and shopping areas are connected, so you could, in theory, not have to be on the parkway very much.

A few of the shopping areas a cart would be VERY handy, as parking is at a premium during peak season. But off season, there is plenty of room to park a dually or whatever TV you use.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
wbwood wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
While a street legal golf cart would be legal, I think the speed limit on the road between PF and G-burg exceeds 35 MPH? not sure, but that right there makes it not possible! now as a tourist.....I`m glad I had the Excursion when I was driving around there!!!!

Hen on top of that you are talking about national park land. I don't believe golf carts are allowed on national park land no matter what the speed limit.

If street legal, they are registered as a car. the only restriction is speed limit. so as long as the speed limit doesn`t exceed 35 mph then it would be allowed just as a Prius or a pick up truck!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
While a street legal golf cart would be legal, I think the speed limit on the road between PF and G-burg exceeds 35 MPH? not sure, but that right there makes it not possible! now as a tourist.....I`m glad I had the Excursion when I was driving around there!!!!

Then on top of that you are talking about national park land. I don't believe golf carts are allowed on national park land no matter what the speed limit.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe if your golf cart looked like this!

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
From the replys. I,m thinkin. NO.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I don't even like to be in my truck on the streets in Pigeon Forge, much less a golf cart!!!

There are lots and lots of campgrounds, it all depends on what you want.

For our $$, we like Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge.

The trolley goes to all the campgrounds, so don't let that be a determining factor for you.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the CG's are starting to rent carts for use on the CG property, River Plantation comes to mind off the top of my head. I would not be inclined to use the carts on the road in PF. However, if you run up to Gatlinburg there are now companies that will rent street legal golf carts or scooters for use in Gatlinburg only.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
We've visited Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge for 10 years running. I've never seen a golf cart on the streets. Frankly the traffic in Pigeon Forge is so bad you almost need a Humvee at certain times of the year! ๐Ÿ™‚ Don't get me wrong - we obviously love the area - but traffic can be a nightmare.

I will say that after 10 years of visits we've learned quite a few ways to avoid the worst of the traffic most of the time.
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

We are going for Thanksgiving for the first time and I hear the traffic is worse than normal, it makes me cringe because I go to the mountains not to be in a rat race but we have a 5-year-old and want to be close to things for him to do other than just hanging out at the campground or we would just stay in Cherokee. Any tips on avoiding the traffic other than don't go into Pigeon Forge on Black Friday? We wanted to take him to the pirate Dinner Show and I see they have afternoon and 6:45 Showtimes, do you think the traffic is less later in the day?

You are responding to a post that's 11 years old and Farm Camp hasn't posted on here in about 5 years. You may have better luck posting your question in a new topic. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
You see golf carts being used during the car show weekends, but traffic is kinda at a crawl on those days. You wouldn't want to attempt driving from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg as you're on a highway within the National Park and the speed limit is 45 MPH, and that's what most people do as a minimum speed. Good centralized park is Pine Mountain, some of the older parks that are clean and well kept are River Edge and Creekside, both served by the Trolley in Pigeon Forge. Just come visit and have a good time.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Clabough and Creekside are 2 RV parks off the main street in PF. The Fun Time Trolley runs from Sevierville to Gatlinburg. If the weather is nice, you can ride the trolley. I would go during the week. Not at TN spring break or holiday to avoid crowds.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi