cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good eats in Gettysburg PA?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any place special for us to try? We are staying at Gettysburg Campground and are hoping to keep it to things close by, unless they are really GREAT. Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Pub and Restaurant: (yes, that is it's name) right in Lincoln Square is a sleeper. Looks very unassuming but excellent food at excellent prices.
We stayed at the Gettysburg Hotel for a week and ate at The Pub three or four times. LOVED their French Onion Soup. Yum!

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! We just had pizza at My Brother's Pizza by the campground.

My Brothers is a great place. Francesco Rinaldi (owner) and his family are great people. Another great Pizza place is about a mile north of town on the Carlisle Rd, (Rt 34) called Deliso Pizza. By all means, avoid any of the pizza shops that are in the town proper. Your digestive tract will thank you.

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Lincoln Diner: Fantastic breakfasts at cheap money and great coffee/desserts.
Hunts Battlefield Fries & Cafe: Great lunches, yummie french fries.
Kilwins: Best fudge and ice cream
Gettysburg Cupcake Co: FANTASTIC cupcakes but rumor has it it's closed.
***Dobbin House Tavern: A little expensive but worth it for a special dinner. All staff is in period costumes and food is excellent.
Pub and Restaurant: (yes, that is it's name) right in Lincoln Square is a sleeper. Looks very unassuming but excellent food at excellent prices.
Garryowen Irish Pub: Good Irish fare but portions are a bit small. Very cozy, welcoming pub atmosphere.

***This would be my pick for "special".

Avoid the Blue Parrot Bistro and the Blue & Gray Bar and Grill. If you want a nice, small, higher-end bar try the bar at the Gettysburg Hotel.

As a local, I agree with everything on the list.
Hunt's is my favorite to eat at in town. It's nothing to be visually impressed by but my stomach nor taste buds care.
There is a downstairs in the Dobbin House that one can grab lunch from as well. Haven't been down there in a year, but it was cheaper and less formal then the main restaurant.
Another "special" restaurant would be The Farnsworth House on Baltimore St.
Another place to try is Gettysburg Eddies on Steinwehr Ave.
As for Gettysburg Cupcake, I can't confirm. I am not a 'sweets' person so rarely eat anything like that.

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been a lot of time since I ate there last, but the Fairfield Inn used to be pretty awesome.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendations! We just had pizza at My Brother's Pizza by the campground.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
OK....I think I now remember. Brother's Pizza.

Nothing fancy...but good food and just down the road from the campground.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh...I wish I could remember the name of this small pizza/Italian shop. From the campground make a right turn. Travel a short distance down the road and this shop is on your left. Good food at very good price.

leaddog
Explorer
Explorer
The Ott House Bar/Restaurant on the town square in nearby Emmittsburg, MD is a favorite of ours. It's an old establishment and always crowded with patrons. Nothing fancy, but great Yuengling Beer on tap.
2008 40ft Tiffin Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
O'Rorke's Eatery and Pub, it on Business 15 south on the east side of the road. Good solid food and a good price, inside and outside seating.

INSPECTERBAKE
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what you like if seafood is your something you are into Dave & Janes is is outside of Fairfield or the Fairfield Inn.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Lincoln Diner: Fantastic breakfasts at cheap money and great coffee/desserts.
Hunts Battlefield Fries & Cafe: Great lunches, yummie french fries.
Kilwins: Best fudge and ice cream
Gettysburg Cupcake Co: FANTASTIC cupcakes but rumor has it it's closed.
***Dobbin House Tavern: A little expensive but worth it for a special dinner. All staff is in period costumes and food is excellent.
Garryowen Irish Pub: Good Irish fare but portions are a bit small. Very cozy, welcoming pub atmosphere.

***This would be my pick for "special".

Avoid the Blue Parrot Bistro and the Blue & Gray Bar and Grill. If you want a nice, small, higher-end bar try the bar at the Gettysburg Hotel.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps this post from March will help.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
It's a bit of a drive, but we've always had great meals at Moonlight Cafe in Dover, PA.

http://www.moonlightcafeyork.com/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page