cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Canyon trailer village

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
We are doing a cross country tour and are currently in Las Vegas, I just looked at the web site for Trailer Village and it says 28 foot limit. Is this a problem with a bigger 5 wheel??????
11 REPLIES 11

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
When we stayed at Trailer Villageยฎ RV Park a few years ago in our previous 34 foot trailer, we had no problems at all. I checked out the site run by the concessionaire (the park is not run by the NPS), I saw nothing about a length restriction.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

mekkerl
Explorer
Explorer
We were there this past August -- 40' Fifth Wheel with room for our Truck! Wouldn't think twice about staying there if I were you!
Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trailer Village has sites big enough for a 50 ft hookup
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer Village has larger sites but maybe they are all taken? We stayed there and had a FHU pull thru long enough for out 44' and tow car.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Mather does have rather tight spaces, and no hookups of any type. Trailer Village is a big RV park, With little or no restrictions on length or size. Our first night there with our 31 foot Class A, we had a Prevost 45 foot rig next to us. The night's entertainment was a couple of big Class As that came in after dark and both ran over things as they tried to park. One of them took out at least one power post, and a picnic table.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you were looking at Mather Campground next door? It has a restriction on lengths.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
The pull through sites are huge must be 80 to 90 feet long - we had room to park on both ends of our 37 ft motor home

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the Grand Canyon National Park web site. Trailer Village has sites for rigs up to 50 feet.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess it's only a problem if your over 28ft. Kind of like going under a bridge if it says clearance 13ft you only will have a problem if your over 13ft. I can't be certain of course maybe 13'1" might make it but one never knows till your under it.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed in trailer village and my class c is 31 ft and with the motorcycle carrier, I Am 34 ft, I fit, but I wouldn't go over 35ft I had a pull thru site,
Proud father of a US Marine

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
I've seen larger units there but it may depend on what is available; especially on short notice.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle