cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulf State Park

walthallm
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations or reviews for Gulf State Park in alabama?
19 REPLIES 19

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were in the area about a year ago. It is a great park, but we had to wait until the snowbirds left to get a site. Then there were plenty. There are a number of nice private parks in the genera area. We spent most of our time at those in the Foley area.

AlabamaTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Alligator tastes just like chicken.
Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

rjsd1
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Executive wrote:
Two areas have pull throughs...only "issue" we had were the alligators. They like to "visit" while barbequeing. Not a good thing if you have dogs especially if they are tied up....they do have warning signs, not to feed or aggravate the gators...after two visits to the campgsite we didn't feel comfortable with our dog outside, leash or not....just sayin.....Dennis

Well..... I wasn't going to try to scare anyone, but now that you bring that sort of thing up: we hiked a wetland trail behind our "street"; and found many piles of scat (poo). Large piles, either made by a large dog or cat; and the scat was filled with fur. It was the middle of the day, so we felt relatively safe (and I had my cannister of Bear Spray along) - but you always have to remember that a state park exists for the wildlife, too....

The place is over run with rabbits. In evening walks we have counted over 30 at a time. Fox or bobcats just having a meal.
2016 F250 6.2 4wd
08 Crossroads Cruiser 30sk

craigt
Explorer
Explorer
Of course Foley is 20-30 mimutes from the beach.

Depends on what you are looking for.
Craig & Susan
Roadside Dogs "Buddy", "Lily", & "Murphy"
F-150, Reese HD, Prodigy
Springdale 256 RLL

buffymb
Explorer
Explorer
Paul,

There is Gulf Breeze, Anchors Aweigh, Johnnys Rv, These are in Foley. If you want to park just to tour the area, Anchors Aweigh is a easy in and out. Gulf breeze is much larger, speed bumps, but more activities. Johnnys is okay, sites were to close for us (we stayed a month) but moved to Gulf Breeze. These are all accessible off of Highway 59.

There are more, it just depends on what your needs are.
Buffy
America-Land That I Love
2013 Ford F450 Dually
2014.5 TKSB3 Elite Suites by DRV

Gunship_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
We spent 2 weeks at GSP recently and really enjoyed it. Lengthy opportunities for bike riding. Easy drive to many restaurants. Plenty of space between sites. We'll be going back.
2017 Weekend Warrior (by The RV Factory)
2013 Ram 3500 Longhorn LB DRW 4x4 Aisin 4.10

Previous:

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 41'
2006 DRV Mobile Suites 38'
Volvo 770

Paul_G_
Explorer
Explorer
travisgsf

Nice place for a state park. Summertime will have some pretty bad bugs. There are some nicer private places in Foley (same area). We go often and I tend to rather stay there vs the state park.

Which ones in Foley, I'm in the area now and would like to go and take a look for future visits to the area.

Thanks.

Paul...

travisgsf
Explorer
Explorer
Nice place for a state park. Summertime will have some pretty bad bugs. There are some nicer private places in Foley (same area). We go often and I tend to rather stay there vs the state park.
Travis - Houma, LA
2012 Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Firestone Riderite Airbags
2013 Open Range RF367BHS
18K Pullrite Superglide

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews "Gulf State Park"
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Two areas have pull throughs...only "issue" we had were the alligators. They like to "visit" while barbequeing. Not a good thing if you have dogs especially if they are tied up....they do have warning signs, not to feed or aggravate the gators...after two visits to the campgsite we didn't feel comfortable with our dog outside, leash or not....just sayin.....Dennis

Well..... I wasn't going to try to scare anyone, but now that you bring that sort of thing up: we hiked a wetland trail behind our "street"; and found many piles of scat (poo). Large piles, either made by a large dog or cat; and the scat was filled with fur. It was the middle of the day, so we felt relatively safe (and I had my cannister of Bear Spray along) - but you always have to remember that a state park exists for the wildlife, too....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

AlabamaTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
GSP is super nice. However, there is a private campground in Gulf Shores that is much more convenient to restaurants, gift shops and the beach. It is Luxury RV. We have actually stayed there for a week without moving our vehicle. Easy walking to everything.
Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We love GSP.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
A great state park campground. All sites are level and with full hook-ups. It has tennis courts, and activity center, large Laundromat, etc. The problem is getting in during winter. There's usually a long waiting list for reservations. Sometimes you can get a site by just driving in but I wouldn't count on it.
Jayco-noslide