cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highland Hammock site recommendations

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30ft TT and am looking for site recommendations with some shade. It is just the DW and I so I'm not worried about being near a playground or bathhouse. I have never been to this park but have read good things about it. I would really appreciate any help you all can give me.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
2 REPLIES 2

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
I have a 30ft TT and am looking for site recommendations with some shade. It is just the DW and I so I'm not worried about being near a playground or bathhouse. I have never been to this park but have read good things about it. I would really appreciate any help you all can give me.

Go to this link within the website: MAP

Click on the campsite you are interested in. A window will open that shows the amount of shade, size and has a picture of the site. If no shade is mentioned, the site is in full sun.

You also can see where bathhouses are located. If you do not want people walking through your site, park away from them.

Highlands Hammock is a great park, have fun.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about 2 weeks ago. Pretty much all sites looked to be heavily shaded. You are back in the woods. I think we had site 112. Nice big site, not many other campers near us. Have a great time, and as suggested to us, try the loop road at dusk. Enjoy all the deer.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo