Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hottest spot...

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
You have ever been to. Rv or not.
Mine is Lake Havasu in July.... Took a ski boat and stayed at the Holiday Inn and they had just finished putting the London Bridge back together.(we could still see the numbers on the bricks, and they were building the little area for shops around it It was 122 Drgrees
Proud father of a US Marine
36 REPLIES 36

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
I spent 2 years in Kuwait, at least the tents had AC. It had to reach 120 before they would stop work outside, but it was a dry heat ๐Ÿ˜‰ This time of year 120 not unusual. Officially the highest recorded was 129. It does cool down to the upper 80's at night.
Turret Class traveler

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hottest, most humid camping spot we ever stayed was near Huntsville, Alabama. We took the kids down there in July after visiting Mammoth Cave, because they wanted to see the space & rocket center. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time; at least we found a water park.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
pennysmom09 wrote:
suprz wrote:
We were in Florida last year in Sept.... NEVER again! I won't ever consider Florida again unless it is January or February... Maybe March.... Maybe...

It's hot everywhere in the summer, including Sept. Florida is perfect in Dec. Jan. and Feb. We hope more folks cross it off their list, more room for us. )):

Not really, looking at your travel map I can see that you've missed the cooler areas so far.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
suprz wrote:
Mine is Lake Havasu in July.... Took a ski boat and stayed at the Holiday Inn and they had just finished putting the London Bridge back together.(we could still see the numbers on the bricks, and they were building the little area for shops around it It was 122 Drgrees

Vegas - thinking it was 114 once in the early 70's - Dry heat - B*ll

Give me the Rockies any day of the year, yes even in the Snow!
Yup - we were right outside of Vegas, camping at Lake Mead. It was so hot all night long we couldn't sleep - this was many years ago in a tent camper - no A/C. We did get to tour the Hoover Dam the next day though and take some dam pictures.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
We were in Florida last year in Sept.... NEVER again! I won't ever consider Florida again unless it is January or February... Maybe March.... Maybe...

It's hot everywhere in the summer, including Sept. Florida is perfect in Dec. Jan. and Feb. We hope more folks cross it off their list, more room for us. )):
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:

Vegas - thinking it was 114 once in the early 70's - Dry heat - B*ll

Give me the Rockies any day of the year, yes even in the Snow!
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
Good luck chasing those 70's. As soon as you get there it will be hotter than normal, colder than normal, they'll have a freak ice storm, or awful humidity they don't usually have, pouring rain for days, etc. That's what has happened to us so many times

HA! Sounds just like a normal day in the northeast

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck chasing those 70's. As soon as you get there it will be hotter than normal, colder than normal, they'll have a freak ice storm, or awful humidity they don't usually have, pouring rain for days, etc. That's what has happened to us so many times, I don't think there are 70's to chase. Still love full-time though. Not ready to get off the road anytime soon.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to Canada!

suprz wrote:
When and if we go fulltime... We will be chasing 70 degrees all around the country :B
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Each morning over newspaper and coffee, I look at the temperature in Baghdad. Then I don't worry too much about my own situation.

Today it was 118 in Baghdad, and that is normal for summer.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Some places are very hot and some very humid. When we stepped off the plane in Nam it was only low 90's but 80% humidity stayed day and night. No AC and no swimming pool. I was glad when the monsoon season came.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We pulled into a campground at Lake Havasu, Az. when I was a teenager and the ranger said it had been 125 that day and called it a "Fire Fringe". That night it cooled down to 110 just before dawn. We were in a camper and pulling a boat. My brother and I slept ( figure of speech)in the boat and I remember the aluminum frame of the seats felt hot to the touch all night. The next morning we packed up and Dad drove us up to Flagstaff and it was a light cool rain in the mountains. We slept all day and enjoyed the cool. Never will I go to that area in the summer again.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Black Canyon down river from Hoover Dam , 122 F.
I have measured 117 right here in East Texas one afternoon working on a AC service call . It was 103 yesterday, glad I retired .

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
Wall, S.D. can get hot.Just a few weeks ago, it was nearly 104 when we pulled in to set up. It was terrible that day.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
When and if we go fulltime... We will be chasing 70 degrees all around the country :B